ZIMBABWE: Has anyone experienced a hunt with Wayne Jardine in Zimbabwe?

Discussion in 'Hunting Reports' started by bmbclnts, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Nyati

Nyati AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    RFEC, RFETO
    Hunted:
    Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West ), Spain
    + 1
  2. jepetto62

jepetto62 AH Veteran

My Photos:
    Member of:
    la diana
    Hunted:
    Switzerland, France, Belgium, Sweden, Poland, Mauritius,Namibia, SA, Zimbabwe, Canada, New Foundland, Yukon, BC, Alaska, Argentina
    Just came back from an outstanding hunt with Wayne, with 3 outstanding buffs,one elephant,one leopard and various plainsgame bagged.
    I will post a detailed hunt report shortly and it will be very positive.
  3. AfricaHunting.com

AfricaHunting.com FOUNDER AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Sounds like you had a great hunt, looking forward to your hunt report and seeing some of your pictures.
  4. Bobpuckett

Bobpuckett GOLD SUPPORTER AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters
    Hunted:
    USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada
    I wish Style had as well as I have been talking with Heath Jardine and other PH's and Outfitters in both Zim and RSA and have heard nothing but good in fact one person has hunted with them many times taking several leopard Buffalo and elephants with the Jardine's.
  5. bwana ndege

bwana ndege AH Member

Member of:
    knjv
    Hunted:
    S.A./ NAM./Zimb./Tanzania G.B. Scotland, germany France,
    Hi Finnwolf64,

You are right about travelling to 3rd world countries, but still they charge western prices.
    So eventhough we should be a bit relaxed. They should put in a decent effort to deliver.
    We come travel to Africa to hunt, we're not NGO's who want to spray money around.

Kwaheri, Bwana Ndege
  6. jepetto62

jepetto62 AH Veteran

My Photos:
    Member of:
    la diana
    Hunted:
    Switzerland, France, Belgium, Sweden, Poland, Mauritius,Namibia, SA, Zimbabwe, Canada, New Foundland, Yukon, BC, Alaska, Argentina
    Me again.
    I have hunted both with Dave (1x) and Wayne Jardine (3x). Either alone or with my dad (75) and my son (13)
    All together taking one leopard, 4 buffalos (my father one, my son one and myself two), two elephants (40 and 70+ lbs), one top-five SCI livingstone eland, two sables (35" and 40"), waterbuck, impalas, zebras etc.. and one free range male lion (was a Zim Park auction).
    I can vouch for their professionalism, the quality of the game (all free ranging) and equipments.
    If anyone wants more info feel free to PM.

Best
  7. TiborV

TiborV AH Member

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI, NRA
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Canada, Hungary, Burkina Faso
    I recently hunted cape buffalo and plains game with Heath Jardine (Wayne' nephew). It was a great hunt. Heath, the tracker, and the rest of the staff did an excellent job.
  8. Bobpuckett

Bobpuckett GOLD SUPPORTER AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters
    Hunted:
    USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada
    TiborV if you would be so kind post a hunting report with lots of pics I've known Heath for a few years but never had the pleasure of hunting with him. I would really like to read all about it.
  9. Cliffy

Cliffy AH Elite

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    Hunted Zim, RSA (2), Namib(2), going again, Calif, Oregon, Arizona, Texas, Virginia, Idaho, South Dakota, Montana, Nevada, MO
    Having hunted Zimbabwe in 1999 (fantastic time then!) and 4 times to SA and Namibia since AND watching all the troubles in Zim, I have to ask, why go there and risk the issues with such good and easy times in SA and Namib right now? I realize that there are probably some very fine and upstanding operators there but why risk it on a first or even second safari?
  10. Psalvo

Psalvo New Member

Dont beleave in wayne jardine, dont beleave in the his agent and accomplice jeff Martinelli and dont beleave in Zim africa safaris also

My mane is Paulo Salvo from brazil, i hunt whit wayne jardine a few time ago and i can guarantee and to prove " wayne jardine, the aggent Jeff Martinelli and zim africal" all the ones is a very desonest persons.

I pay for one safari to exportable elefante betewenn 30-50 lbs and one buffalo bigest them 39 inches, but he only show-me in the lets day elefanth less than 22 lbs per tusky and 34 inches buffalo,( he never told-me about the animal to be small, just say shoot) on this way they fool-me in the case of the two amimals, only to do not refound -me my money.
    About big areas is other lie, the area is verysmall and very close of one coal mine ..... , the most important to this persons is not to hunt but receive high daly rates and in the end of the hunt try to fool you and push you animals of bed quality.To shot in the false animals in disacording of our contract i must to travel 3 hours to go and 3 hous to come back to the camping during 10 days , becouse and his area do not exist animals only ocasinal babons, you never will see one buffalo or any plains games in the area of this persons.
    to cmplete the situation he abandoned us durig the hunt only to receive other extra gruop in other area " only to make more money" one this way we stay out of a PH and out of car during some big part of the hunt.

If you wnaht to enjoy, africa is one paradaise to the hunters but be carfull abou the agents and false PH LIKE THIS GANG.if you need extra informations my emaisl is psalvo@egesa.com.br fone +55 31 84822534