ZIMBABWE: Chifuti Safaris Cape Buffalo & Hippo

A very special and unique trip, for sure. Thanks for taking the time to share it with us as it unfolded.

I am digging your new avatar!

Counting the days to next May!

Tim

Finally this hunt couldn´t be better......I would say the hunt of a lifetime......I glad for you Royal.....Thanks to show us the great pics and the wonderfull hunting story you have lived and wrote here......!!!!

Royal thank you for sharing this wonderful hunting report. The hope and dream of taking an African safari exists for so many people who never see that dream come true. You are a lucky person indeed.

so royal , in all honesty ,did you enjoy yourself ..........ha ha ha ha ha
thanks for that fantatstic report ,mate .
you had yourself one wicked adventure .
thank you so much for sharing your journey , with us all .......

Great work Royal!!!

I'm so glad that you were able to have that amazing life experience! Isn't it gratifying to see how all of that planning, preparation and practice pays off!

I was hoping that you could pop a hyena as they eluded me during my hunt with Richie. Maybe Richie is the issue.... LOL!

Wow Royal, what a great trip and hunt! And thanks so much for the detailed report.. it is kind of neat to have it out here on the web for eternity.

It is so cool you could do this with your cousin. Little thing that grabbed my attention, that looks like a JD pen in his pocket just like the one in my pocket.

Well Royal I say you did good. Nice trophies and GREAT memories. Trips like this don't happen often, but its fantastic when it all comes together. Nice Buff. It also will be one you will remember and treasure because of the work that went into getting him. Great report. We felt like we were there with you. Bruce

Bravo, what a great trip and fantastic report. Thank you for sharing.

A very special and unique trip, for sure. Thanks for taking the time to share it with us as it unfolded.

I am digging your new avatar!

Counting the days to next May!

Tim

Keep enjoying the planning! You won't realize how much fun the planning is until afterwards, or I didn't.

Finally this hunt couldn´t be better......I would say the hunt of a lifetime......I glad for you Royal.....Thanks to show us the great pics and the wonderfull hunting story you have lived and wrote here......!!!!

Thank you so much! I like calling it "a hunt IN a lifetime" as I plan on being back!!! but, you're right, this one will always be special and be the first one.

Royal thank you for sharing this wonderful hunting report. The hope and dream of taking an African safari exists for so many people who never see that dream come true. You are a lucky person indeed.

I am TRULY grateful. I agree, I'm very blessed.

so royal , in all honesty ,did you enjoy yourself ..........ha ha ha ha ha
thanks for that fantatstic report ,mate .
you had yourself one wicked adventure .
thank you so much for sharing your journey , with us all .......

Can you tell Bluey??? LOLOLOL!!! It was amazing and writing each night was a great way to cement the details. Very glad that I did it!!!

Great work Royal!!!

I'm so glad that you were able to have that amazing life experience! Isn't it gratifying to see how all of that planning, preparation and practice pays off!

I was hoping that you could pop a hyena as they eluded me during my hunt with Richie. Maybe Richie is the issue.... LOL!

Sarge,

When you talk to Richie tell him I was complaining about the Hyena bait being hung incorrectly and at the wrong height (We were all giving the apprentice a hard time as the the bait attracted lions and not Hyena).

and yes, the entire journey is simply amazing.... i'm grateful that I now fully understand!

Wow Royal, what a great trip and hunt! And thanks so much for the detailed report.. it is kind of neat to have it out here on the web for eternity.

It is so cool you could do this with your cousin. Little thing that grabbed my attention, that looks like a JD pen in his pocket just like the one in my pocket.

It really is cool. Writing this report and responding to replies has been a great part of the experience.

Grant and I started talking about hunting Africa almost 40 years ago. I don't think the wifw would have let me go without her with anyone else! :)

Well Royal I say you did good. Nice trophies and GREAT memories. Trips like this don't happen often, but its fantastic when it all comes together. Nice Buff. It also will be one you will remember and treasure because of the work that went into getting him. Great report. We felt like we were there with you. Bruce

Thank you! They really don't, but wow, this one sure did! I told Richie upfront that I didn't want an easy hunt and I didn't get one! I sure would have shot on day one, but glad I didn't get to.

Bravo, what a great trip and fantastic report. Thank you for sharing.

Thank you sir!

Royal
Great story, was busy this past month of August and didn't get a chance to read everything you wrote until now. What a cool trip you had from the pangolin to the zebra scarring with the stripes not lining up. Its things like that you shared that I find very interesting. Thank you for taking the time to share this with all of us.
Matt

Royal
Great story, was busy this past month of August and didn't get a chance to read everything you wrote until now. What a cool trip you had from the pangolin to the zebra scarring with the stripes not lining up. Its things like that you shared that I find very interesting. Thank you for taking the time to share this with all of us.
Matt

Gladly Matt!!!

It really is the small little things that make for the memories and the excitement. The Pangolin in particular was such a treat. I know how fortunate I was to have that experience. Very likely a one in a life time for me!

Congrats Royal, that is one heck of a first safari! I'm glad everything turned out excellent.

Royal, I am just now reading this thread. Started about an hour ago and couldn't stop reading. What a trip to say the least!! You are truly blessed to have had such a great hunt. You definitely EARNED your Buffalo. Congratulations on a great hunt and thanks for sharing. Kevin

Congrats Royal, that is one heck of a first safari! I'm glad everything turned out excellent.

Royal, I am just now reading this thread. Started about an hour ago and couldn't stop reading. What a trip to say the least!! You are truly blessed to have had such a great hunt. You definitely EARNED your Buffalo. Congratulations on a great hunt and thanks for sharing. Kevin

Thanks to you both! It was indeed an amazing trip.

Great report and great animals. Interesting to hear you say you felt it was a spiritual experience. I ended up feeling the same way. Africa seems to change people at the molecular level. My first trip was over 13 months a go and I have thought of Africa everyday since. Ten more months till I return.

Looking forward to your report from your next safari.

Splutter... Splutter... Gasp... Gasp..

Royal,
Just came up for air after 6wks of high school football and saw your report. Sorry I have not read it in detail but it is homework tonight. Gig-em!

Great report and great animals. Interesting to hear you say you felt it was a spiritual experience. I ended up feeling the same way. Africa seems to change people at the molecular level. My first trip was over 13 months a go and I have thought of Africa everyday since. Ten more months till I return.

Looking forward to your report from your next safari.

I completely agree. It does change you. Read enough hunt reorts here and I think you will see it is a common theme!!! :) I go back next May and will take the wife. After that it is $$$ recovery mode and it will be a while.... I'd move to Africa, seriously.

Splutter... Splutter... Gasp... Gasp..

Royal,
Just came up for air after 6wks of high school football and saw your report. Sorry I have not read it in detail but it is homework tonight. Gig-em!

Texas high school football will do that to you!!!! :)

I hope you enjoy. Oh, and I did get a pic of myself in an Aggie shirt with the Zambezi River in the background.

Attachments

• DSC00509.JPG
    DSC00509.JPG
    434.4 KB · Views: 105

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadSimpso

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg