ZIMBABWE: Arnold Payne & Impala African Safaris Nightmare

Gene Campbell

Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
I really need someone's help to find Jerome's telephone number. I am unable to locate on the website and no response from an email. Only way I can find is possibly trying one of these forums. Or if you can have someone contact me if unable to give out number. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Gene Campbell

I really need someone's help to find Jerome's telephone number. I am unable to locate on the website and no response from an email. Only way I can find is possibly trying one of these forums. Or if you can have someone contact me if unable to give out number. My number is 909-917-2281. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Gene Campbell

PM SENT

Arnold Payne and Impala African Safaris NIGHTMARE

Arnold Payne and Impala African Safaris NIGHTMARE

This hunt report entitled Gene Campbell African Safari 2012 / Impala African Safari's w/ Arnold Payne "Nightmare" was handed to me in person by Gene Campbell during the AH meet up at the 2013 SCI convention. Gene requested me to post his hunt report in the Zimbabwe Hunting Reports section of AH to share it with everyone.

The hunt report was handed to me on paper so I scanned the documents and put it in a pdf format to post it here, see attached document arnold-payne-nightmare.pdf.

I asked Gene Campbell to email me a word version so that I could include his hunt report directly into a post but have not yet received anything from him. Gene if you read this please email it to me so that I can add it to this post.

Attachments

• arnold-payne-nightmare.pdf
    5.5 MB · Views: 709
Arnold Payne and Impala African Safari NIGHTMARE - UPDATE

Arnold Payne and Impala African Safari NIGHTMARE - UPDATE

See attached pdf document called arnold-payne-nightmare-update.pdf.

Attachments

• arnold-payne-nightmare-update.pdf
    893.8 KB · Views: 552
Thanks Jerome. Its a shame and I cant understand how such operators still have clients....At least we know who to stay away from.

WOW! I would have been a wanted man in Zim I would have drowned that SOB. Thanks for posting it for him Jerome.

Arnold is cheat and a liar, he really should be banned from anything related to hunting!

It is this kind of men that can do the industry great harm. Luckly all AH members will now know not to support this guy. Thanks for the info Jerome.

We need to protect our hunters from these sort of people.

WOW! I would have been a wanted man in Zim I would have drowned that SOB. Thanks for posting it for him Jerome.

+1 except leave him for Jackal bait.

What a read...

Absolutely terrible.

Im sorry but I couldn't quit laughing. You don't even know half of what you were in. Graham Mayjer is his correct spelling. I can post pics of our successful leopard hunt with him. well kinda with him. I was smart enough to use dogs and my dog handler was a real pro. He's the guy who saved the safari. Graham is a super nice guy but he is a fence rider and doesn't want problems from anyone he merely wants to make everyone happy. Graham is very good friends with ken Drummond but ken Drummond has also been involved with Arnold payne in all those land seizures. Both men were playing you. Grahm was stuck in the middle. Grahm also doesn't have the experience to get you a cat. We had a giant cat we chased for 2 weeks. The cat had been educated to blinds and dogs. After 2 weeks the cat gave up and hit bait. The dog handler told us we needed to sit bait. Well graham was the only licensed ph so he built the blind and set in it with us. My wife and I set patiently awaiting grahm to show up in the blind. When he showed up he was dressed head to toe in what appeared to be a snow boarding suit that sounded like it was made of tin foil. after 5 hours in the blind I told my wife we were stuck to dog hunting alone. In addition the blind graham built had no chairs and no way for anyone to get comfortable or move without making noise. even if a leopard had hit bait I doubt you would have got him.

Other than being successful my safari was the exact same in zim. Cattle everywhere, no pg, snares every few feet and just a disappointment. However, if cattle were everywhere I assure you the leopards were there. The only problem is that as with my area those leopards have been hunted very hard and they are very scared of baits. You were most likely hunting highly educated cats. maybe im wrong but who knows.

Now please be aware. You should stay off. I posted about my hunt last year and many of the zim ph's were very unhappy with me. They don't like us reporting about the country being poached out and full of cattle and snares with people running amuck. I don't want to scare you but your inbox will be hit with very unkind messages from the zim ph's that are on here. Thank you for bringing this to jeromes attention and thank you for helping to inform everyone else of the problems. Please don't take this thread as negative towards graham. My wife and I love graham to death.

I don't log on here much, so today I happened to log in and I saw this post as I looked around. While I certainly feel bad about this mans experience I have posted about my hunt with Impala African Safaris(not sure how to link to my post) and I have nothing but positive things/thoughts for the whole trip.

http://www.africahunting.com/zimbabwe-hunting-reports/5023-first-african-hunt.html

I am not going to go point by point, but suffice to say it was a great trip. I would be happy to answer any questions, I just hate seeing people pile on that have not hunted with Arnold's people. Feel free to contact me anytime.

Arnold payne took that place at gun point through political friends. The previous owners were put in the streets with nothing and lost everything. If you are willing to look past this then you are no better of a person and i would have no problems seeing the same done to you.

Arnold payne took that place at gun point through political friends. The previous owners were put in the streets with nothing and lost everything. If you are willing to look past this then you are no better of a person and i would have no problems seeing the same done to you.

He likely didnt know about this situation.

well Im sorry but that situation brings up a lot of emotion in many of us and it really grieves me to see anyone who is such a low life receive and praise for any reason. If I have offended then I am sorry but my position still stands that Arnold payne is a low life. I really am interested to see carma come around full circle on Arnold.

This is exactly why we all need to share information about the goings on during our hunts and other facts that we learn along the way to try to ensure that people are provided all the information to make the best decisions possible.

Thats interesting, show what proof that you have that the previous owners on the Bubiana location that I hunted were put in the streets? As far as I saw the Drummond family had had that place for a long time. Meet Mrs. Drummond and she had been in the house for years. Saw where Ticky's grandparents lived and where Mr. Drummond was buried so not sure who was put out on streets. I am smart enough to know that the political system in Zimbabwe is a mess and also I posted my experience. My original post was moved and just a link placed to my post which is fine. I didn't say I discounted what other gentleman wrote I simply stated my experience. I find that beyond this post you seem to just lash out with little behind it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverGood

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross