ZIMBABWE: Anyone Hunted With Wayne Van Den Bergh Of Zimbabwe

krinker

Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Has anyone hunted with Wayne Van Den Bergh of Zimbabwe... NYAMAZANA Safaris?

He's a good honest man! Very good hunter with 25 odd years experience!. He works for himself so is very conscious of his reputation...also a ZPHGA member. Has a lot of Bow hunt experience too!

I hunted with Wayne in 2009 while he was working for another PH. Very good hunter and I would highly recommend him.

My two sons, brother, and I hunted with Wayne in May of this year on a 14-day hunt for plains game. A huge success for all of us, would rate him the highest you can give. Everything first class and very reasonable. We shopped online for months and were well rewarded. I can give other references. What eyes on this guide! And he knows every bird you'll see, not to mention bushmen ruins, etc. What a trip.

MT export

Never hunted with him personally however have heard nothing but positive reports from friends who have. Zim is a great place in general. (Last I knew). And Zim PH's are ranked as some of the highest trained PH's in Africa. None of that 2 week course South African License, these guys know every detail of their craft.

God Speed & Good Hunting:
Taylor

"Montana export" above is my father - as he mentioned we hunted together last summer with Wayne. I've noted elsewhere that what impressed me the most was that Wayne listened closely to us when we described the hunting experience we were looking for - and that is exactly what he gave us.

I recommend him.

That's Wayne and my brother with my brother's 58" Kudu, and all of the havoc we collectively wrought among the four of us.

CIMG1611.jpg IMG_1100.jpg

Thanks for your input Cossack! That's one beautiful Kudu that your brother took... Always nice to hear good hunt reports.

I hunted with Wayne in 2010 for elephant, croc, and hippo. We took 2 nice bull elephants, 2 hippos, and a 17' croc. He does a great job. It was a hard but successful hunt. I recommend his services. Hal Atkinson, Raleigh, NC

Hal

Welcome to AH...

Would you like to share some of your pictures and a story of your safari?

I hunted with Wayne in 2010 for elephant, croc, and hippo. We took 2 nice bull elephants, 2 hippos, and a 17' croc. He does a great job. It was a hard but successful hunt. I recommend his services. Hal Atkinson, Raleigh, NC

Hello

I hunted with him in 09 for ele and plains game. He was a freelance PH when my US agent left me abandoned in Vic falls with no camp booked. Wayne drove to get me from Bulawayo, what a guy. Very honest, an outstanding PH. By far the best of my 5 PH's, he told me exactly what to expect and he delivered everything he said he would. He was the first to take the time for the photography, look at the pics on his website, no blood, sticks and no rush to the next trophy, did not smoke and his alcohol consumption was nil. Now with his own company you can speak to him direct, no booking agent. Be honest with him, tell him what you must have, want, and would like he will not promise what he cannot deliver. I will return to hunt with Wayne, would like a croc, hippo next time.

He is one of the guides that I am considering for my 2017 leopard hunt. So far I just heard good things about him

Hope to hunt with him in 2017 (or 2018 )
If I am lucky with my draw in Kodiak Island, then I will hunt with Wayne in 2018

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marplot

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois