ZIMBABWE: Anyone hunted with Wayne Van Den Bergh of Zimbabwe???

Discussion in 'Hunting Reports' started by krinker, Oct 31, 2011.

1. krinker

krinker New Member

Has anyone hunted with Wayne Van Den Bergh of Zimbabwe... NYAMAZANA Safaris?
  2. Ole Bally

Ole Bally AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    Zimbabwe
    He's a good honest man! Very good hunter with 25 odd years experience!. He works for himself so is very conscious of his reputation...also a ZPHGA member. Has a lot of Bow hunt experience too!
  3. Lpart

Lpart AH Member

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI, NRA, NORTH AMERICAN HUNTING CLUB
    Hunted:
    I hunted with Wayne in 2009 while he was working for another PH. Very good hunter and I would highly recommend him.
  4. Montana export

Montana export New Member

Member of:
    NRA, WACA, GOA, PLWA
    Hunted:
    Zimbabwe
    My two sons, brother, and I hunted with Wayne in May of this year on a 14-day hunt for plains game. A huge success for all of us, would rate him the highest you can give. Everything first class and very reasonable. We shopped online for months and were well rewarded. I can give other references. What eyes on this guide! And he knows every bird you'll see, not to mention bushmen ruins, etc. What a trip.

MT export
  5. Taylor Cummings

Taylor Cummings New Member

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    Mozambique, Tanzania, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Canada, Mexico, Argentina
    Never hunted with him personally however have heard nothing but positive reports from friends who have. Zim is a great place in general. (Last I knew). And Zim PH's are ranked as some of the highest trained PH's in Africa. None of that 2 week course South African License, these guys know every detail of their craft.

God Speed & Good Hunting:
    Taylor
  6. Cossack

Cossack AH Member

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NRA
    Hunted:
    USA, Zimbabwe
    "Montana export" above is my father - as he mentioned we hunted together last summer with Wayne. I've noted elsewhere that what impressed me the most was that Wayne listened closely to us when we described the hunting experience we were looking for - and that is exactly what he gave us.

I recommend him.

That's Wayne and my brother with my brother's 58" Kudu, and all of the havoc we collectively wrought among the four of us.

CIMG1611.jpg IMG_1100.jpg
  7. AfricaHunting.com

AfricaHunting.com FOUNDER AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Thanks for your input Cossack! That's one beautiful Kudu that your brother took... Always nice to hear good hunt reports.
  8. Hal Atkinson

Hal Atkinson New Member

I hunted with Wayne in 2010 for elephant, croc, and hippo. We took 2 nice bull elephants, 2 hippos, and a 17' croc. He does a great job. It was a hard but successful hunt. I recommend his services. Hal Atkinson, Raleigh, NC
  9. James.Grage

James.Grage GOLD SUPPORTER AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NRA, ATA, PITA, NAHC, NAFC, DU, TU, DSC, SCI, RMEF
    Hunted:
    USA - Canada -Tanzania, South Africa, Zimbabwe
    Hal

Welcome to AH...

Would you like to share some of your pictures and a story of your safari?

10. A.Dahlgren

A.Dahlgren New Member

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI
    Hunted:
    Africa, Asia, Europe
    I have done some fishing with him, a good man that I would like to hunt with some day.
  11. MarkB

MarkB New Member

Member of:
    NFA, SCI, DU, NA Hunter, BCWF, African Gazete
    Hunted:
    Zimbabwe, SA, Namibia
    Hello

I hunted with him in 09 for ele and plains game. He was a freelance PH when my US agent left me abandoned in Vic falls with no camp booked. Wayne drove to get me from Bulawayo, what a guy. Very honest, an outstanding PH. By far the best of my 5 PH's, he told me exactly what to expect and he delivered everything he said he would. He was the first to take the time for the photography, look at the pics on his website, no blood, sticks and no rush to the next trophy, did not smoke and his alcohol consumption was nil. Now with his own company you can speak to him direct, no booking agent. Be honest with him, tell him what you must have, want, and would like he will not promise what he cannot deliver. I will return to hunt with Wayne, would like a croc, hippo next time.