Rastaman

AH veteran
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI
with the situation in Harare heating up I was considering flying to Lusaka then driving back to zimbabwe to hunt. Anyone know how to get a temporary permit just to travel through Zambia?

Attachments

• Firearms Act.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 920
with the situation in Harare heating up I was considering flying to Lusaka then driving back to zimbabwe to hunt. Anyone know how to get a temporary permit just to travel through Zambia?

i am not sure on this one as never had it asked. i know that a mate from zim who is ph and hunts in tanzania sometimes has his guns when driving through but i dont know what procedure he has to do. where in zim are you hunting ? how were you going to drive...the zim operator picking you up from lusaka or you renting? either way you have border crossings out and return... seems like a pain in the ass way of trying to do it........depending on where you are hunting in zim will also decide which border crossing post you will use. maybe @pacific or @Thor Kirchner might have a bit more info

Last edited:
If you are just touching down and catching a flight out to camp, why not just go through Harare or Bulawayo? It would cost a bit more vs. driving, but might be the better option.

The reliable reports out of Harare are far less dramatic than the ones from the media and others who tend to exaggerate a bit.

I would fly in to Harare or Bulawayo without hesitation unless the outfitter I am hunting with would tell me different.

Just one more reason to use a good Zimbabwean outfitter/PH as they know the situation and would not put a client in harms way.

@Rastaman you can't avoid Harare or Bulawayo. You need to clear customs and then fly to Sapi. You can't land on the grass strip at Sapi direct from Lusaka, Zambia because there is no customs at Mana Pools.

It would be a hell of a drive to cross a land border from say Vic Falls or elsewhere by road to get to Sapi.

I strongly suggest you get your global rescue security extraction policy in case of emergency.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you