Contributor
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Website
www.africanindaba.co.za
Media
Articles
Member of
CIC, Rowland Ward, B&C, DSC, German Hunting Association, KZN Hunting Association, Wild Sheep Foundation
Hunted
Western US, Western Canada, Alaska, Colombia, Tajikistan, Russian Federation, China, Iran, Austria, Germany, Spain, Czech Republic, UK, Indonesia, South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Congo, Tanzania, Uganda, Botswana, Namibia
Zambia - is hunting to be re-organised?

The cancellation of the tender for 19 hunting blocks in Zambia has thrown its hunting industry into turmoil, especially following on so soon after from the hunting ban announced in Botswana. The reasons for the cancellation were the result allegations of corruption in the tender process conducted by the Zambia Wildlife Authority (ZAWA) and some safari operators. A number of other existing areas and private ranches are unaffected and are continuing hunting as usual in 2013.

The cancellation of the tender has triggered a number of important events that hopefully will be beneficial to the Zambian industry as a whole. First, it became clear that ZAWA was in disarray and unable to fully address its mandate, especially with regard to its obligations to communities residing in Game Management Areas. Secondly, the responsible Ministry has taken steps to educate itself about the hunting industry, especially with regard to the financial and social impacts on rural communities. A new Board has been appointed, and the Ministry has commissioned an audit of the organisation including a thorough review of the management and administration of the hunting industry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odoodevelopers

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross