ZAMBIA: BAN LIFTED ON HUNTING IN 19 HUNTING BLOCKS

What's with KLM and BA getting out of the Zambia business??

not 100pcnt sure as different stories. talking to ba staff on my last flight out with them just before they stopped , supposedly it was because it wasnt viable not being busy enough. as it was a 767 three times a week it always seemed busy to me being nearly full or full most times, 2/3rds full was about the quietest i ever saw. there was also talk of it being political with govnt in zambia sticking their nose in, and also of staff selling tickets on the cheap or pocketing the money...........presumably klm was the same. emirates are the only ones flying in direct from dubai, or its joburg then saa here. there are other routes with kenya airways via nairobi or ethiopian airways via addis......emirates have no cash sales for tickets and you pay by card in their office direct with an office overseas so no dodgy sales. as i said different stories and not really sure, but a pain for me as it puts about another 6 hours on my journey compared to when ba went direct............ba also pulled out of their dar route a few years ago.......

the tendering process for the gmas is taking place now. the prices being asked are very high.......$500,000.00 for a prime gma and all quota must be paid for upfront each year......

apologies here i just realised i got my currency signs wrong.......it should be kwacha 500,000 (approx usd$80,000.00) per year and all trophy fees paid up front and there are your community developement and zawa assistance amounts to figure in each year before equipement etc.......this is for a prime area. a secondary area is K350,000.00 (approx usd $56,000.00+) per year with same rules as the prime areas. these are still crazy figures! sorry about the $ and K getting mixed up........:E Doh:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jessica87G

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross