You know you are a safari addict when…

When you're standing at the Blesbok exhibit at the San Diego zoo and some busybody gets all offended when she sees you looking through trophy photos to see if yours is bigger than the one in the exhibit........... That still cracks me up!
That's a nice exhibit and I did the same thing when I lived in SD. The Lord Derby Eland exhibit is right next to the bontebok, hopefully next year you will being seeing if you're LDE is bigger than the SD Zoo's. I also sent photos of the animals at the San Diego zoo to my outfitter saying I wanted one this big or better. They have a sable at the Safari park that is huge.

And to continue with the "you might be a safari hunter if ..."

Your iPod playlist includes several hours of African sounds.

You only want to use PTO for African hunting trips and not "regular" vacations.

You willing open your house to PH's when they visit the US, but can't find space for your in-laws.

Your favorite time of the holidays is the SCI and DSC conventions.

That's a nice exhibit and I did the same thing when I lived in SD. The Lord Derby Eland exhibit is right next to the bontebok, hopefully next year you will being seeing if you're LDE is bigger than the SD Zoo's. I also sent photos of the animals at the San Diego zoo to my outfitter saying I wanted one this big or better. They have a sable at the Safari park that is huge.

And to continue with the "you might be a safari hunter if ..."

Your iPod playlist includes several hours of African sounds.

You only want to use PTO for African hunting trips and not "regular" vacations.

You willing open your house to PH's when they visit the US, but can't find space for your in-laws.

Your favorite time of the holidays is the SCI and DSC conventions.

Sevens Welcome to AH! You've been to Mozambique so we know your hooked, We'd love to hear about your hunt and see your pics, when you get time please go to the hunting report section and tell us about it Mozambique is on my to do list.

this thread sums it up bueatifully theres an agreement in every post .i often wondered how many other A.H ers check the posts at all hours ,even when im on land the good wife cracks it because i leave the computer all night so i can check on the posts as i can only sleep a couple of hour at one time ...
i knew i wasnt the only one ,thanks cliffy i know im normal know and shes the mad one :dancing:

this thread sums it up bueatifully theres an agreement in every post .i often wondered how many other A.H ers check the posts at all hours ,even when im on land the good wife cracks it because i leave the computer all night so i can check on the posts as i can only sleep a couple of hour at one time ...
i knew i wasnt the only one ,thanks cliffy i know im normal know and shes the mad one :dancing:

Yes bluey we're all normal what other sport could make a man work his A$$ off just to blow thousands on a hunt I mean other then Sex! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

that settles it then bob shes definately loco

Sorry but I would never spend the money I spend on the sport of hunting/firearms/reloading for sex. As much as my divorce cost me it was still less than I have spent on hunting etc..........And I have something to show for the hunting.

I was going to make a rude comment about cosuming what game I take ----- but I will not.

Besides the hunting is more satisfying/fullfilling than the sex

bloke you must be doing it all wrong .
i could never choose between the two and since the little lady has started hunting im flat trying to incorperate the two .
the sex is always satisfying and hunting fullfililling together thats just great ,thats enough horror stories most definately....
the first hunt i paid for was in 2010 and so far weve spent about 40 grand on overseas hunts , bloody hell i wouldve spent that on jewellery atleast in the 20 years weve been together now shes got the idea of his/hers firearms and she wants to harvest animals in africa next august and im all for that

bloke you must be doing it all wrong .
i could never choose between the two and since the little lady has started hunting im flat trying to incorperate the two .
the sex is always satisfying and hunting fullfililling together thats just great ,thats enough horror stories most definately....
the first hunt i paid for was in 2010 and so far weve spent about 40 grand on overseas hunts , bloody hell i wouldve spent that on jewellery atleast in the 20 years weve been together now shes got the idea of his/hers firearms and she wants to harvest animals in africa next august and im all for that

bluey sounds like you have got it right ;):biggrin2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickolasAr

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg