Yellowstone tourists put bison calf in car because they're worried it's cold

I once observed two girls photographing a grizzly along a road in theTeton National Forest. The bear was eating berries less than 50 yards away. They were actually sitting done on the ground. If the bear charged they would have never made it to their car. A park ranger finally got them out of there.

They probably thought that it was a big plushy, cuddly, living "Teddy bear"! Although they forgot the bit about how "Teddy bear" could tear them to shreds in seconds!

I bet a lot of these people like the father and son who took this calf and these 2 girls are vehement anti hunters. Many anti hunters are people so far removed from nature who just see these cute animals on t.v. and then go on some sort of a moral crusade to protect them from the big evil hunter. Yet they have no understanding of animal biology, behaviour, the natural environment etc... They also tend to focus on the romantic/nice side of nature ie baby bison, bears etc... but seem to ignore the fact that death is as much a part of the natural cycle as life. IE they don't want to see or think about the fact that in order for little bear cub to survive its mother must kill a little bison calf etc... Whereas most hunters actually have a far better understanding of all of this because they depending on the person in question might interact with nature and wild animals on a daily basis. You can't be an arm chair PH but you sure can be an armchair tree hugger/ animal rights nut.

I do wonder if they had any idea that the calf was in far more danger from the bears and wolves. Now both have lost.

@JimP are you telling me we are importing stupid! This is bad news indeed

I don't think that we imported it but it showed up on our door step.

However there are enough people here in the US that are just as stupid and would likely of done the same thing if the opportunity offered itself.

I doubt a fine helped with their 'education'. Perhaps completing the full labotomy would do the most good. Amazing yet sad just how out of touch with nature some people truly are! Take a youngster hunting today!

13254553_1087738241286847_1367234653073444918_n.jpg

I find myself rooting for the animals to eat or gore the dumbasses that come through Yellowstone!
Cody

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you