The Birth Of Wild Africa Decals

Hey Scott these are all looking great. My friend was thrilled with his Mouflon, hope your ebay sales are doing well also. :thumb:

The ebay thing is still working out for me. ebay has been dry/quiet for about 3 weeks (no inquiries) but that could change tomorrow.

Good news is, is that I am currently in the set up stages of working with Africa Hunting Gazette magazine to get a advert in their magazine. Brooke, Kim and Richard seem to be more than pleased to help put these decals on the rear window of everyone's vehicle who has ever hunted in Africa. They think it is a great idea, and they may want me to make up a bunch of decals with the Africa Hunting Gazette logo.

Everyone knows that we are a niche in the hunting community, and like I have said before, I don't plan on being the next Donald Trump by making wildlife decals. As long as I can cover my costs and put a couple of $$ in the bank, it is worth it to me just to see the decals on other peoples windows. Can't wait to get back to Pennsylvania, there are more than a few floating around there, and see someone driving down the road with one of my designs on their truck. That is what I want, to see that I gave the hunting "our" community something, that until now, was not available to them.

Hell, for that matter, I can't wait for the wife and me to go to Australia, I have had 3 big orders from there. Blokes don't mess around with just buying one decal in OZ. Imagine the hair on my neck will stand up on end to see one of my designs on the back window of someones truck/car/ute in another country, (I know the odds of just randomly seeing this are small, but there is the chance).

Again, I truly appreciate all of the support from everyone on this site. Scott

..Mike, do you think Scotty can make a super size crab..? :biggrin2:

or how about a real big one of those fish that caused him some problems, that on the side of his boat should wind up the powers that be......:heh:

or how about a real big one of those fish that caused him some problems, that on the side of his boat should wind up the powers that be......:heh:

ha ha ha you guys are mean , and they are still causing me to grind my bloody teeth ,and of course the powers that be :biggrin2:
once l finish duking it out with these guys l may have to get some snapper stickers made up from you 35 , and put them on there windows just so they remember me .:laughing:
lm on the way in now for round two :punch: now .
let you know how it goes

I saw this picture and had to do it up, Sable II
047.jpg
Hope you guys like

This is Cape Buffalo III, think I have officially pushed the machine to it's limit. Honesty is always welcome, so my question to you guys/gals is, am I getting into too much detail or does it still look okay? I personally like it like this, but almost looks like I am sorta getting away from the traditional "typical" decal look. Just not sure how others will view them. They are a little more tedious to apply due to all of the small pieces of vinyl and one does have to take their time during the application process. Thoughts please.

007.jpg

Great Buff Scott. Looks like you owe him money.

I thinks it's a master piece, great job!!!!!

Great artistic job. My only thought is I am not seeing the eyes......possibly because mine are getting worse.

All the best.

Looking good Scott,
I agree with Wheels that the eyes blend in a bit with the surrounding face on the buff, other than that its another big congratulations on another fine set of decals

Looking forward to mine arriving in the post...

So should I make the eyes a touch bigger, or do you guys think it's just too much detail for a decal?

Here is the picture that was sent to me, I used it as the model for this decal. Love the mount, let me know what you guys think to improve the eye situation.

cape buff pedistal.jpg

I think you might have to outline a little more around the eyes (need more description or definition), too much white around the eyes, more black needed....might be hard to change :thinking:

Improved version of the Buff... I like both versions, but the second one does expose the eyes a little better. Thanks for the input guys, I'll still offer both versions. Again, I appreciate the input.

cape buffalo III improved.jpg

Definitely got it right there... I like it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jostepan

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois