Honeybadger

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
North American Hunting Club Life Member, National Rifle Association Life Member
Hunted
USA
Hey guys, I am selling my Ruger #1 Tropical chambered in 458 Lott. The gun is Stainless Steel with the Gray laminated stock. It is fitted with a Burris Signature Select Safari 1.75-5 and the scope IS equipped with Posi-Lock. For those of you who don't know what Posi-Lock is, it's a feature that locks the reticle in place once you are done making adjustments so that it will HOLD ZERO FOR SURE! It is a great feature to have on a magnum rifle. I have owned several scopes with the posi-lock feature and I really like them. This rifle is no longer produced by Ruger, not in this caliber, and not in stainless steel in ANY caliber. The scope is also no longer produced by Burris. The entire Signature Select line, including the Safari, has been done away with and you can no longer get Posi-Lock on any of their scopes, at least last time I looked into it you couldn't. The scope is mounted to the rifle with the original Ruger rings......................this package is VERY accurate fellas. With my favorite hand load the gun will shoot a ragged hole at 100 yards all day long.............I was really impressed with it when I first got the rifle set up, I did not expect such a large caliber to shoot as accurate as this one does. For the rifle and scope combo I am asking $1,500 and I will not move on the price, period. As I said the rifle and scope models have both been discontinued and both are in PERFECT condition. I do have a scopecoat that I purchased to protect the optics when not in use or when in storage, it will go with the package. If you are interested please reply to this post and/or PM me. Here are a few pics, more can be taken upon request.
IMG_1111.JPG
IMG_1114.JPG

That is a beautiful gun sir. I have the 300 win mag that looks just like it! The Ruger #1 as you say is no longer being made in the stainless and gray laminate which is too bad. Folks if you are looking for a big game rifle....this will do the job.

Thank you very much, yeah it will certainly do the job.............and the gun is a pleasure to shoot. Recoil is not bad AT ALL..................truth be told I'll be sad to see it go.

mind if I ask what the total weight and LOP is?

thank you
-matt

Total weight is somewhere between 11 and 12 lbs..........................probably closer to 11. I've never weighed the rifle with the scope on it, but that is a very close guess. Length of pull, I believe, is 13.50".

The rifle by itself is 9.25 lbs Matt85. It is a good looking beast.

Hey guys....................................price reduction, $1,250 for the rifle and scope..........................any takers??

Honeybadger would you consider a trade for for a TC encore, with grey laminate stock, and 9.3x74R barrel, 375H&H, barrel, and 416 Rigby barrel?

No sorry, I had a VERY bad experience with TC several years back............................I would never own one again.

If you don't mind me asking what problem did you have, I have had a couple contenders and encores over the years with no problems but to light a primer strike from a to light spring change I made. Opps

I purchased one of their Encore rifles chambered in a 500 Smith and Wesson. Loaded up various hand loads in a WIDE array of bullet weights from plinking loads all the way up to full house hunting loads. I barely had the gun sighted in exactly the way I wanted it............when the forend sheared right off. The screws that hold the forend to the gun snapped like dry twigs. I was never a huge fan of TC, and always thought their quality to be a bit on the lack luster side, but this would have been a very fun little hunting carbine. The main problem I experienced is due to the fact that the forend is held on ONLY buy the small undersized, and apparently weak screws. There are no recoil lugs to which the forend is keyed to, or better yet, a step in the front of the receiver that the forend could butt up against, which would make this problem non existent. Anyhow, the worst part is that I called TC several times about this problem, and they told me that there was nothing that they could do about it. I could not even salvage the barrel, the screws, while brittle, are extremely hard.........and I couldn't even drill them out...........I'm sure it could be done.........I just don't have the proper set up to do it. Needless to say I was and am extremely frustrated with the situation, with TC as a company, and with TC's poor quality or craftsmanship. If I won a TC at a gun show I'd seriously GIVE IT AWAY to the first kid I saw that needed a hunting rifle............cause I want nothing to do with them.

Yea their quality control has had its ups and downs. I had an exact kinda problem a 500NE custom barrel. I have the tools to remove the broken screw and then ran it through the mill and dovetailed a couple slots in so I could put a better hanger system in place. I am just glad to hear it wasn't a safety of life and limb kinda issue. The I haven't had problems with the current 416 as it has a muzzle break on it. (Came that way but I do hate muzzle brakes) I would like your lott but all my dollars are going towards a safari this year. Hope someone buys your rifle soon. have a good one.

Honey badger did you ever sell this rifle?

Nope, I still have it............it's still available.

So I take from your most recent post you decided to keep the #1.

I might be interested if still for sale.... Missed the original post

lovely rifle , I definitely prefer the stainless/laminate version in #1's to the wood and blue version.

good luck

Is this rifle still available ? If so, I can be reached at 973-885-2228.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanMatt

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg