cal pappas

Contributor
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Gents:
I've written three double rifle books. Now, they don't sell as well as Sarah Palin's books, but I'm not as good looking as her. If you like double rifles, these three belong in your library. I've had nothing but positive comments on them. All books are hard cover, dust jacket, heavy glossy paper and color pics (except vintage photos and drawings).

1. The .600 Nitro Express. About 1/4 of all vintage doubles in that massive caliber were located for this book. Ballistics, ammo, great history of users in the vintage years, and 30+ beautiful rifles photographed in detail. 185 pages. $70 plus post.

2. The British Bore Rifle. From the tiny 28-bore to the massive 4-bore, over 100 double rifles photographed in color and good detail for this book. Includes ammo, reloading tools and moulds, vintage catalog pages, history of vintage bore rifle users. 416 pages. $90 plus post.

3. The Double Rifle Primer. This book came out of the number of emails I get on my website <calpappas.com> and my column in the African Hunter magazine. A detailed book for any double rifle owner but directed toward the novice. 46 illustrated pages of double rifle terminology, how to buy and sell, how to repair, what to look for in a used double, ammo, boxes, ballistics, new double makers and where to get items. 185 pages. 70$ plus post.

Email for details and questions. I will offer a discount for the purchase of the three. I mail USPS priority and insured to US and foreign addresses.
Thanks for looking.
Cal

600.jpg
bore rifle.jpg
primer.jpg

I'm wanting a set Cal, what email address?

Cody

I'll buy a set as well Cal. How do I contact you? Joe

Cody and Joe:
Thanks for your email. Send me your details at <pappas@mtaonline.net and your phone number. I will call you and get your visa number. I'm driving to the lower 48 tomorrow and can 1. post books as I depart Willow, AK or 2. post them in the lower 48. Special pricing is 195 $ for the three and I'll pay the post, too. (.600 book is 50%).
I will check my emails later this evening and Thu early am AK time and make a plan.
Cal

Hey Cal just wondered do you ship your books to the UK???

Norfolk,
Cal is traveling through Canada right now, said he would be back to email in about 3 days.

Just got into Montana. I only ship USPS priority mail and insured.Cheapest and tracking the entire way.
I will be in Kansas Wednesday and can ship any book orders that arrive by then.
Thanks.
Cal

Looking at the cost of the shipping to the UK I might have to give it a miss Cal. Also the payment method for me might be a problem. The Primer looks like a good book for anybody with an interest in Africa hunting if you ask me.

Understood. Post to the UK is 65$ for up to three books and 85 for up to 6 books in USPS priority boxes.
Cheers,
Cal

Gents,
I received my complete set of books from Cal this week and they are well worth the money! They are absolutely beautiful pieces of work. The Primer Book is what I have jumped into first, very informative for someone like myself. It explains terms that I have heard but really didn't know and in my ignorance, didn't want to ask. I have thumbed through the bore book and 600 NE book and had to wear a bib to keek the drool off of the pages due to the exceptional photography of the fine rifles. I am looking forward to the long weekend to bury my nose in the pages without disturbance.
Fine work Cal, your passion for these beautiful rifles and the history of them shines through in your work!
Cheers,
Cody

Thanks for the kind words, Cody. Tell us more and perhaps zI can drum up a few sales.
Cheers and enjoy.
Cal

Hey all, I am new to this thread but bought the Double Rifle Primer from Cal after attending the Double Rifle Shoot in 2017 and 2019. Covid cancelled the event the last two years. Unless you know everything about doubles, you need this book.

Thanks for the kind words.
No more double shoots as the only range large enough to accomodate us is closed to non members so they told us good bye.
As to my books, all are sold out except 15 copies of the Primer book remain.
Cheers, all.
Cal

What a shame. The two shoots I attended were great events. I'll keep my fingers crossed the powers that be change their minds before I get too old to attend.

Hi Cal

Another guy wanting to know if you'll post to the UK

FN

Posting to the UK is not a problem but the postage may be more than the bookk itself. PM me your interest and I will check the exact post rates. I do know in the flat rate USPS boxes, 3-4 books is the same charge as one.
Cal

I can attest that these are great books. Also, highly recommended if you can find one of Cal's books on bore rifles.

The primer is great for DR beginners and also as a reference for any double rifle shooter.

Best grab your before they are all gone.

I wish to purchase one of the primer books please!
PM?
Thanks-Tim

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BennettTim

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross