CZ 550 American Safari In 375 H&H

matt85

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
USA, South Africa, and Namibia
this was my entry gun into the world of large bore African calibers and while I have not taken any game with it, it served me well. the rifle shoots MOA or 1" at 100 yards using my hand loads (300gr Hornady BTSP at 2500fps). the action is well broken in and cycles well with about 300 rounds (guessing here) down the pipe. the wood is excellent with very minor dents associated with general use. the finish is perfect except on the muzzle where it has worn off. the rifle will come with a set of Talley 1" medium QD rings. I also have dies and .375" bullets for sale if you interested.

this is really a very nice rifle! but im moving on to bigger cartridges and I need the money to help fund those big bores. feel free to PM me with questions.

my price is $900.00 + shipping.

an example of a ding:

the muzzle with finish wear:

thank you
-matt

Attachments

• DSCN0796_zps460cfc38.jpg
    DSCN0796_zps460cfc38.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 94
  • DSCN0789_zpsd458cdc5.jpg
    DSCN0789_zpsd458cdc5.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 82
  • DSCN0787_zpse588deb5.jpg
    DSCN0787_zpse588deb5.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 71
  • DSCN0786_zps231c95b4.jpg
    DSCN0786_zps231c95b4.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 121
  • DSCN0788_zps68515e4c.jpg
    DSCN0788_zps68515e4c.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 99
  • DSCN0790_zps6b607242.jpg
    DSCN0790_zps6b607242.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Great opportunity here for someone, good price.

I can reduce the price to $850 but It wont come with the Talley QD rings.

the rifle was $1100 new and the rings were $120 new, so your saving $320 on this purchase. the gun also had to go back for feeding trouble which is typical of CZ rifles. but now who ever buys it doesn't have to worry about sending it back. the action was gritty when it first arrived but it polished smooth with use.

-matt

Last edited:
Very good offer Matt, in a tried and true African caliber.

Good deal Matt if I didn't already have a 375 you and I would be talking.

this was my entry gun into the world of large bore African calibers and while I have not taken any game with it, it served me well. the rifle shoots MOA or 1" at 100 yards using my hand loads (300gr Hornady BTSP at 2500fps). the action is well broken in and cycles well with about 300 rounds (guessing here) down the pipe. the wood is excellent with very minor dents associated with general use. the finish is perfect except on the muzzle where it has worn off. the rifle will come with a set of Talley 1" medium QD rings. I also have dies and .375" bullets for sale if you interested.

this is really a very nice rifle! but im moving on to bigger cartridges and I need the money to help fund those big bores. feel free to PM me with questions.

my price is $900.00 + shipping.

an example of a ding:

the muzzle with finish wear:

thank you
-matt

Are you interested North West Viking in the gun?

Hi I am interested in your CZ and hope it is still available. Several of the pictures are rather dark and I was wondering if you had some brighter / Clearer one available. What area of WA are you located, I could possible do a FTF. Also what do you have for ammo and or reloading components that are also available. Thanks

I'm sure Matt will be on here soon to help you out or you can send a private message to him(y)

Click on Matt's logo and information will come up about him. Click START A CONVERSATION and you can send him a message. If you have problems I can send him one for you.

We are a friendly crew on here, always trying to help another fellow hunter out(y).

I appreciate that, Thanks again. I sent a PM and look forward to hearing from Matt. Heading to bed, will check in the am. Happy Turkey day to you enysse.

thank you for your interest in my rifle North West Viking. for some reason I wasn't able to add to the conversation you started so ive started another one with you.

thank you
-matt

as it currently stands, this rifle is still for sale.

-matt

guess ill lower the price again, ill take $800 for the rifle or $850 for the rifle and rings.

-matt

Damn good deal!

Matt is the rifle still for sale?

yep, still available.

-matt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marinagqe

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber