Big Bore Rifles For Sale

Okay, I'll apologize profusely if the gentleman advertising delivers the goods but I call flaming BS on this.

First, issue I take is India was a backwater dump in the 19th century and two types of guns were typically used/possessed over there. 1.) Mediocre guns by Rodda, Cogswell and other tier-2 and tier-3 makers that could be afforded on British Officer's budgets. 2nd would be the world's finest best guns made for Maharaja and Maharani. The inventory list does not seem probable to be offered for sale in India.

Second issue: I find the statistical odds that the double guns are all .500s and .450s to be extremely dubious. Most guns in India were .450 3" and BPE cartridges along with a huge number of oddball cartridges. So the distribution of calibers is highly suspect.

Third issue: Someone with guns by many of the makers enumerated would not post them in a big yard-sale format from overseas onto an Internet forum.

Fourth issue: A professional would state their prices, a scammer wouldn't know what to charge so he would post them vaguely as above.

Fifth issue: The serial numbers are all a bunch of BS. Examples: Stephen Grant's first known serial number was in 1866 and was # 2480 but you're selling #227. W.W. Greener never made a gun in the 14000 serial number range and yet you have one. Rigby Serial #13545 which would put it at 1870 and likely would be a percussion gun yet you state it's a .500 so I call BS on that. I have no more time at moment to shred the serial numbers but I call mega BS. Joseph Lang serial number #3528 would put it at year 1868 and hate to tell you, but .360 cartridges didn't exist in 1868 for Lang single shot rifles. Lang hadn't even devised the breech loader yet as he was still marveling at the lefacheaux action he'd just seen in France and was bringing back to England at that time.

Sixth issue: You have absolutely no idea how to ship a gun to the US and that it requires a BATF form 6 and about a year of import time. Anytime I buy foreign guns I pony up and buy A LOT OF GUNS at one time because the import process and costs are prohibitive to buy "a gun" and no respectable dealer would advertise them ala carte.

Seventh issue: As related to the 1st issue, the distribution of manufacturers is all wrong. The fact that you don't have more steaming piles of crap from Birmingham is dubious. The fact that 1/3 of your inventory wasn't at minimum marked Army Navy Cooperative Society Limited and Rodda of Calcutta is totally bizarre.

Eighth issue: No such person / maker as E. R. Reilly. E.M. Reilly was the correct answer.

Ninth issue: Any self respecting Desi would know that Indians are perceived as Internet scammers on high-dollar merchandise and you'd have worked with a reputable importer like what occurred when Griffin and Howe uncovered a major trove of fine guns in India in 1991. You wouldn't sign up for an account on a safari site and try to pass them off on your 6th post to people on other continents.

Tenth Issue: Your Facebook page has no friends and one like. It features pictures of some Indian swords but no breech loading guns. That's weird. Both your referenced websites are non-functional...that's also weird for a fellow with $150,000-$250,000 in British guns and you live in a country where web developers to build your site can be had for $5 a day...it don't add up.

Good day Sir!
Hello Sir,
Thanks for your long message.

First of all let us introduce ourselves as India's leading and Oldest Arms manufacturers and exporters based in Udaipur, Rajasthan state, India. We are in this trade since 1815.

We are exporting our Arms & Armor to UK, USA, Europe, Australia, New Zealand etc regularly.

My name is Pradeep Singh Parihar (all my valued buyers calls me “PURDY”) and I am Owner of the following companies
THE CURIOS HOUSE - www.curioshouse.com (deals & exports in Old Arms, Armor & Antiques) SINCE 1815
MKS, Gun makers, India - www.mksikligar.com (manufacturers & exporters of Firing & Non Firing Muzzle Loading Guns) SINCE 1952
NARAYAN SPORTS PVT. LTD. - www.narayansports.com (manufacturers & exporters of Reproduction Arms, Armor & Handicrafts)

We are collecting Weapons and Antiques from Ex-Royal Families of India and selling to Museums, Private Collectors and also export to foreign countries.

We have collected and done lot of business with world famous British companies like Westley Richards & Co. Ltd, WorldWide Arms Ltd, Weller & Dufty Ltd etc.

Before inquiring / knowing a person how you can claim scammers. There are lots of SCAMMERS in USA

You have lots of time to write messages. But I don’t have.

Regarding the Websites, the server is down and It will start working late evening.

Regards,
PURDY
Pradeep Singh Parihar

Here is list of items SOLD to WR & Co. in 1967
I hope this is enough for my Reference

Attachments

• IMG.pdf
    967.3 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_0001.pdf
    582.2 KB · Views: 225
Here are pictures of Old Weapons

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 343
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 310
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    246.4 KB · Views: 270
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    212.5 KB · Views: 311
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 270
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 493
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 398
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    263 KB · Views: 253
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    228.6 KB · Views: 275
  • 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    265.3 KB · Views: 256
  • 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 280
  • 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    242.3 KB · Views: 265
  • 13.JPG
    13.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 258
  • 14.JPG
    14.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 281
  • 15.JPG
    15.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 308
  • 16.JPG
    16.JPG
    271.6 KB · Views: 260
  • 17.JPG
    17.JPG
    994.6 KB · Views: 245
  • 18.JPG
    18.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 311
  • 19.JPG
    19.JPG
    1,014.6 KB · Views: 239
  • 20.JPG
    20.JPG
    255.8 KB · Views: 257
  • 21.JPG
    21.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 256
  • 22.JPG
    22.JPG
    198 KB · Views: 271
How do you export to the US? Who handles import into this country? What is their contact information? Fee? I assume that you can provide very detailed photography of a rifle if a potential customer were interested? References in this country would be helpful.
We have to obtain Export License from our local authorities for weapons, than we send to our clearing agent for custom clearance at Airport for export, when the shipment reach to USA you have to hire clearing agent to get the shipment cleared from US customs

my nick name is "PURDY" and we make fine muzzle loading guns:)

I do apologize if I offended you. What I can say is that I was really interested at your first post with the muzzleloaders (I really enjoy shooting muzzleloaders). But to be honest, this post just seemed way to go to be true. Once you have been around here enough you will see it's not unusual to see scammers pop up around here.

I do suggest since you are trying to make sales over the Internet to improve your website. It's a good start but you'll need more to prove to people overseas you are legit.

I do apologize if I offended you. What I can say is that I was really interested at your first post with the muzzleloaders (I really enjoy shooting muzzleloaders). But to be honest, this post just seemed way to go to be true. Once you have been around here enough you will see it's not unusual to see scammers pop up around here.

I do suggest since you are trying to make sales over the Internet to improve your website. It's a good start but you'll need more to prove to people overseas you are legit.
its OK friend,
In INDIA my company is the ONLY manufacturer and exporter of Firing muzzle loading guns, these guns are duly proof tested by Indian ordinance factory, government of India and are ready to fire black powder with lead shots.

Attachments

• 20150218_133008-1.jpg
    20150218_133008-1.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 320
  • Enfield Muskets.jpg
    Enfield Muskets.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 288
Sir,

I too will apologize to you if you are indeed legitimate. You may be a legitimate and ethical business man with a peculiar nickname for a Rajasthani Sikh. I'll start by apologizing at poking fun at your nickname.

I do dispute the validity of your serial numbers based on the reference material considered the gold standard, Nigel Brown's three volume British Guns.

I do take issue that you have very brief descriptions of your guns.

I do find it odd that a 50 year old invoice from India to Westley Richards uses exactly the same unusual abbreviated descriptions of guns as your current 50 year later description posted initially. That's a strange, unusual occurrence.

I also think that if you do indeed have these guns, that your bore descriptions are incorrect.

From the very small group of photos you provided at low resolution it is obvious that these are in poor to moderate condition and would merit high resolution photographs. It would also merit a proper cataloging of these guns and professional assessment as to their integrity for the possibility of restoration and use.

I would suggest you send the entire lot to the USA and have a professionally trained English gunsmith review them and determine which are beyond repair versus which are suitable for restoration in use with the proper black powder cartridges. If you contact me I can give you the name of well regarded smiths that would work with you on the sale if they are legitimate.

I do not believe you will find western customers for them with the level of description provided. A nice jones under lever 450 BPE gun from a Birmingham maker with good barrels in need of restoration might be worth $2000, restored it may be $6500 once restored competently in the States and sold at retail by a reputable broker. (Restoration being perhaps $2000 and import being $500 on average)

If you take a picture of the lot of guns with a piece of paper next to them showing "Africahunting.com" we'll at least know that you have them and we may be able to assist you further.

As it is now you have at least mischaracterized their type, model and serial numbers.

Well that changes everything:confused:

Purdy,

Your Curios website shows under construction and the next two show an HTTP 403,( Website declined to show the webpage.) None are working at the moment.

I'd like to get a detailed description, detailed pictures and prices of the 450 Patstone, the 500 Rigby and the 500 Westley Richards as well as both of the 12 bore rifles. Please include the pictures of the proofs and water tables of all. Are these nitro proofed or Black Powder proofed rifles? Are the makers cases available also?

I will PM my email address.

Last edited:
Hello Mike,
Yes the server is still down, meanwhile you can contact me at pratiharagroup@gmail.com OR on my mobile number 0091 94141 63166
i have emailed you pictures and details.
please check and confirm, they are black powder rifles
we have some old gun/rifles cases, but they have to be repaired.
Purdy

rookhawk,

Don't you know that if it's on the Internet, it has to be true?
You've got me worried that the $9485.76 I sent to the lawyers of the Nigerian prince who died and just randomly left me $43,005,009,869,444.00 might have been wasted.

Purdy,

Your Curios website shows under construction and the next two show an HTTP 403,( Website declined to show the webpage.) None are working at the moment.

I'd like to get a detailed description, detailed pictures and prices of the 450 Patstone, the 500 Rigby and the 500 Westley Richards as well as both of the 12 bore rifles. Please include the pictures of the proofs and water tables of all. Are these nitro proofed or Black Powder proofed rifles? Are the makers cases available also?

I will PM my email address.

@AkMike info the rigby no 13545

23 sept 1870
best double rifle
CaptainDunn
40-b
"2ft4" barrels
10 lbs 4 oz
14 1/8 length of pull

Marc got it from the Rigby register , so wording is as it appears in there

I passed on these. If someone wants to see the images of these PM me your email and I'll forward them.
But with the less than good pictures and the costs of the shipping/import costs I decided not to go for it. Others may have a different threshold for risk vs. benefits that I do.

Here is list of items SOLD to WR & Co. in 1967
I hope this is enough for my Reference
Frankly, that doesn't prove that you are the subsequent owner of the same establishment nor are you in good standing in your own country. Personally, I would not purchase a firearm from a arms dealer in another country without an agent here in the US handling the escrow, etc. for the funds.

so why u are writing to me
better u buy in your country
i don't want agents in US

Mr.Singh, I send you a email 3 days ago with some specific questions, and no answer at all from your side ???

Looks like something is wrong....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Walkerph

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you