Big Bore Rifles For Sale

Pradeep SIngh

AH member
Reaction score
Hello Friends,
I am new on this forum and I don't no whether I can post Advertise in this forum for SALE.
We have Lot of Old Antique 22 Double & Single Barrel Rifles for sale.
We are India's oldest arms manufacturer, dealers & exporters.
Interested peoples can email us at info@curioshouse.com
regards,
PURDY

Here is details of Weapons for SALE.

DOUBLE BARREL RIFLES
DBBL .500 Bore Rifle No: 32530 by E.R. Reilly
DBBL .500 Bore Rifle No: 13545 by John Rigby
DBBL .500 Bore Rifle No: 2893 by Westley Richards
DBBL .500 Bore Rifle No: 27800 by Lyon & Lyon
DBBL .500 Bore Rifle No: 35469 by I. Hollis
DBBL .500 Bore Rifle No: 22637 by R.B Roddha
DBBL .450 Bore Rifle No: 6168 by G.E. Lewis
DBBL .450 Bore Rifle No: 1554 by J. Patstone
DBBL 12 Bore Rifle No: 30806 by English make
DBBL 12 Bore Rifle No: 6851 by I. Hollis
DBBL 577/500 ore Rifle No: 14126 by W.W. Greener
DBBL .500 Bore Rifle No: 8288 by Mc. Loughlin & Sons

SINGLE BARREL RIFLES
SBBL .450 Bore Rifle No: 227 by Stephen’s Grant & Sons, London
SBBL 360 Rifle No: 3 by Treacher & Co.,
SBBL 360 Rifle No: 1447 – English make
SBBL .400 Bore Rifle No: 55010 by Cogswell & Harrison
SBBL .450 Bore Rifle No: 5159 by Enfield
SBBL .500 Bore Rifle No: 43769 – foreign make
SBBL 360 Bore Rifle No: 3528 by J. Lang & Sons
SBBL 32/40 Bore Rifle No: 8748 by Westley Richards

SHOTGUN
SBBL 410 Bore Walking Stick Shotgun No: D – 1 – ELEY make
SBBL 410 Bore Shotgun No: 462 CV by USA

All the above Weapons are OLD and ONLY interested peoples may contact

Rurdy

You have a nice list of double rifle i could say.

How would you handle the sale and paper work to export to USA residents?

Depending on price, i may be interested in one of your double rifles..

Hello James,
Thanks for your message.
Yes we can export to USA residents
Which make and model you are interested??

Purdy

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you export to the US? Who handles import into this country? What is their contact information? Fee? I assume that you can provide very detailed photography of a rifle if a potential customer were interested? References in this country would be helpful.

Some asking prices would be nice!

Okay, I'll apologize profusely if the gentleman advertising delivers the goods but I call flaming BS on this.

First, issue I take is India was a backwater dump in the 19th century and two types of guns were typically used/possessed over there. 1.) Mediocre guns by Rodda, Cogswell and other tier-2 and tier-3 makers that could be afforded on British Officer's budgets. 2nd would be the world's finest best guns made for Maharaja and Maharani. The inventory list does not seem probable to be offered for sale in India.

Second issue: I find the statistical odds that the double guns are all .500s and .450s to be extremely dubious. Most guns in India were .450 3" and BPE cartridges along with a huge number of oddball cartridges. So the distribution of calibers is highly suspect.

Third issue: Someone with guns by many of the makers enumerated would not post them in a big yard-sale format from overseas onto an Internet forum.

Fourth issue: A professional would state their prices, a scammer wouldn't know what to charge so he would post them vaguely as above.

Fifth issue: The serial numbers are all a bunch of BS. Examples: Stephen Grant's first known serial number was in 1866 and was # 2480 but you're selling #227. W.W. Greener never made a gun in the 14000 serial number range and yet you have one. Rigby Serial #13545 which would put it at 1870 and likely would be a percussion gun yet you state it's a .500 so I call BS on that. I have no more time at moment to shred the serial numbers but I call mega BS. Joseph Lang serial number #3528 would put it at year 1868 and hate to tell you, but .360 cartridges didn't exist in 1868 for Lang single shot rifles. Lang hadn't even devised the breech loader yet as he was still marveling at the lefacheaux action he'd just seen in France and was bringing back to England at that time.

Sixth issue: You have absolutely no idea how to ship a gun to the US and that it requires a BATF form 6 and about a year of import time. Anytime I buy foreign guns I pony up and buy A LOT OF GUNS at one time because the import process and costs are prohibitive to buy "a gun" and no respectable dealer would advertise them ala carte.

Seventh issue: As related to the 1st issue, the distribution of manufacturers is all wrong. The fact that you don't have more steaming piles of crap from Birmingham is dubious. The fact that 1/3 of your inventory wasn't at minimum marked Army Navy Cooperative Society Limited and Rodda of Calcutta is totally bizarre.

Eighth issue: No such person / maker as E. R. Reilly. E.M. Reilly was the correct answer.

Ninth issue: Any self respecting Desi would know that Indians are perceived as Internet scammers on high-dollar merchandise and you'd have worked with a reputable importer like what occurred when Griffin and Howe uncovered a major trove of fine guns in India in 1991. You wouldn't sign up for an account on a safari site and try to pass them off on your 6th post to people on other continents.

Tenth Issue: Your Facebook page has no friends and one like. It features pictures of some Indian swords but no breech loading guns. That's weird. Both your referenced websites are non-functional...that's also weird for a fellow with $150,000-$250,000 in British guns and you live in a country where web developers to build your site can be had for $5 a day...it don't add up.

Good day Sir!

Last edited:
:D Pop Popcorn:

One more: Only a completely scammer douche would use the nom de plume "Purdy" while trying to sell guns. Purdy makes fine paint brushes, Purdey makes fine guns. You sir, have neither.

wow! educated in nice firearms much?? haha. I don't think that person will be responding. good work!

WOW !!!!!!!!

Rookhawk I wish you could hear me clapping!
Well said sir, I shall apologize with you if goods are delivered!!

Cough...Bull$#it....Cough:sneaky:

Okay, I'll apologize profusely if the gentleman advertising delivers the goods but I call flaming BS on this.

First, issue I take is India was a backwater dump in the 19th century and two types of guns were typically used/possessed over there. 1.) Mediocre guns by Rodda, Cogswell and other tier-2 and tier-3 makers that could be afforded on British Officer's budgets. 2nd would be the world's finest best guns made for Maharaja and Maharani. The inventory list does not seem probable to be offered for sale in India.

Second issue: I find the statistical odds that the double guns are all .500s and .450s to be extremely dubious. Most guns in India were .450 3" and BPE cartridges along with a huge number of oddball cartridges. So the distribution of calibers is highly suspect.

Third issue: Someone with guns by many of the makers enumerated would not post them in a big yard-sale format from overseas onto an Internet forum.

Fourth issue: A professional would state their prices, a scammer wouldn't know what to charge so he would post them vaguely as above.

Fifth issue: The serial numbers are all a bunch of BS. Examples: Stephen Grant's first known serial number was in 1866 and was # 2480 but you're selling #227. W.W. Greener never made a gun in the 14000 serial number range and yet you have one. Rigby Serial #13545 which would put it at 1870 and likely would be a percussion gun yet you state it's a .500 so I call BS on that. I have no more time at moment to shred the serial numbers but I call mega BS. Joseph Lang serial number #3528 would put it at year 1868 and hate to tell you, but .360 cartridges didn't exist in 1868 for Lang single shot rifles. Lang hadn't even devised the breech loader yet as he was still marveling at the lefacheaux action he'd just seen in France and was bringing back to England at that time.

Sixth issue: You have absolutely no idea how to ship a gun to the US and that it requires a BATF form 6 and about a year of import time. Anytime I buy foreign guns I pony up and buy A LOT OF GUNS at one time because the import process and costs are prohibitive to buy "a gun" and no respectable dealer would advertise them ala carte.

Seventh issue: As related to the 1st issue, the distribution of manufacturers is all wrong. The fact that you don't have more steaming piles of crap from Birmingham is dubious. The fact that 1/3 of your inventory wasn't at minimum marked Army Navy Cooperative Society Limited and Rodda of Calcutta is totally bizarre.

Eighth issue: No such person / maker as E. R. Reilly. E.M. Reilly was the correct answer.

Ninth issue: Any self respecting Desi would know that Indians are perceived as Internet scammers on high-dollar merchandise and you'd have worked with a reputable importer like what occurred when Griffin and Howe uncovered a major trove of fine guns in India in 1991. You wouldn't sign up for an account on a safari site and try to pass them off on your 6th post to people on other continents.

Tenth Issue: Your Facebook page has no friends and one like. It features pictures of some Indian swords but no breech loading guns. That's weird. Both your referenced websites are non-functional...that's also weird for a fellow with $150,000-$250,000 in British guns and you live in a country where web developers to build your site can be had for $5 a day...it don't add up.

Good day Sir!

Exactly

rookhawk

thank you for your back ground on fine doubles rifle history.

i thought that a lot of 450 3in were the preferred rifle in India.

again i was looking for a army-navy older double.

Last edited:
Do you think he would go for COD;)

..............You wouldn't sign up for an account on a safari site and try to pass them off on your 6th post to people on other continents. ..............

Come on man, get our facts straight.:rolleyes:

It was from the 1st post, not 6th. :ROFLMAO:

How do you export to the US? Who handles import into this country? What is their contact information? Fee? I assume that you can provide very detailed photography of a rifle if a potential customer were interested? References in this country would be helpful.

Good day Sir!

I won't do COD
But you can collect from India:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SheliaBelc

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross