Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
No I am not dying, but I have a lot of great Africana that I started buying many years ago that have been read and some more than once, but now languish away on the bookcase collecting dust. Most are original books, written by many different authors, some you may have never heard of, others you know well. I have I believe the complete Capstick Collection wherein he served as editor of the set and the books are classics by other mostly well known authors. Prices will be for a shipped book within the US or Canada. If anyone overseas wants a book, I cannot predict the postage, however book rates should not be too horrible, though I just paid over $20US to get a book from the Netherlands. If you have a book you are looking for, feel free to PM me, I may have it. Most are HB, a few are PB. If you want to know any printing info just ask, I am not going to go thru them all right now. I don't want to put a giant list here just yet but here is a few for sale. The above mentioned Capstick Collection, again I believe complete. $300US. 15? books
Congo Eden, Ackley - $30
Facing Danger in the Last Wilderness, Doug Allan - $25
Bell of Africa, Bell - $30
Karamojo Safari, Bell - $35
Last of the Few, Arino, T.S. - $30
The Hunter is Death, Bulpin - $35
Horned Death, Burger - $30
Death in the Silent Places, Capstick - $25
Last Ivory Hunter, Capstick - $30
Lost Horizons, Capstick - $30
Death in a Lonely Land, Capstick - $30
African Adventurers, Capstick - $30
Warrior, Capstick - $30
Man called Lion, Capstick - $30
Maneaters, Capstick - $30
Croc Fever, Earl - $30
Encyclopedia of African Animals, Fiorenza P. - $75 Nice picture book.

I have quite a few more, lets see how this goes. Any questions about editions, covers or anything else, PM me and I will try to get any info needed. If none of this stuff moves here I will probably send the list to Safari Press which is where I got most of the books over the years. I don't know what current values are on most of these, you may find some of these for less on Amazon or Ebay, I don't know. I am open to dickering on some of the books but not all. All of the books are USED and some more than others, especially the older books by the early authors. I will be keeping my favorite books of course, the better Capsticks, Boddingtons, an original African Hunter 1st ed, by Mellon, J.A.Hunters books, a couple of Pondoro's, J. Kingsley-Heath etc.
PM with questions. Preferred payment will be a USPS money order, but personal checks from known members is fine, or a good bank check. Thanks!!

Congo Eden, both Bell books and Encyclopedia of African Animals are sold. Thanks!

I probably should mention that the books are in a non smoking home.

Ses,

I will take Last of the Few by Arino.

PM sent.

Believe I have read all the rest that are still available.

All the best.

Wheels, its yours.

Last of the Few , Arino. Is sold.

Last edited:
Adding a few more nice books.

Under the African Sun, Gil Hibben Safari Press

The Hunting and Spoor of Central African Game, D. Lyell. gilt edged reprint from Briar Patch Press

Safari Today, R. Lee Stackpole Press

Duh! Prices for the above 3 books.

Hibben book, $35
Lyell book, $50
Lee book, $30

Here is a few more

Kambaku!, Harry Manners - $60

Hunting in Africa, Morkel - $35

Killers in Africa, Lake - $30

Big Game Shooting in Africa (Revised ed). Major H C Maydon - $85 This is one of the classics.

Bror Blixen; The Africa Letters, Kleen - $30

Silence Will Speak, Trzebinski - a study of Denys Finch-Hatton and Karen Blixen - SC $25

That is quite the library Scott.

More to come too. I am keeping quite a few of course as I mentioned above. A couple of these books I have had since I was a kid, like JA Hunters first book. Most were bought in the 80's. I was very popular at Safari Press as you can imagine!

Kambaku is SOLD.

Here then is a few more.

Safari RSVP, Holmes - $30

Travel and Adventure in SE Africa, Selous - SC, $30

A Hunters Wanderings in Africa, Selous, $35

Animals of E. Africa, Spinage - $25

My Serengeti Years, Turner - $25

Wanderings in Wild Africa, Stoneham - $75 early printing of a classic

Maneaters and Marauders, Taylor - $20 recent printing

African Hunt, Askins - $45

White Hunters, B. Herne - $35

Ghosts of Tsavo, Caputo - $20

Atlas of Africas Principal Mammals, Smith - $25

Its a bloody shame your in the US. I would have a few otherwise!

Maneaters and Marauders is SOLD.

BTT. Most of the books are still for sale.

hi ses 02.58 am here in the zambian ...........you have a very nice collection of books....why you want to sell them is your reason but i wouldnt . i collect and have a lot of the same, but now i like 1st editions especially of southern central africa, or these days the zambia area. if you have any please pm or email me , or pop over for cocktails tomorrow...oops meant today on the banks of the kafue....:):D Beer Draft::D Beers:

Hi Mike! Like I said above, they are just taking up space and collecting dust. I am of course keeping some faves and that amounts to quite a few books at that. Only 1st eds, I have I plan to keep as I like you like a good first. I had thought to sell quite a few of these but so far only 7 have been sold. I will let this go for a while then probably offer the remainder to Safari Press.

no probs i wouldnt sell my old 1st eds either. oldest is about 1878 i think, and got a mint 1st edition.... like its straight from the printers copy of lyells the hunting and spoor of central african game. :D Beers:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smits

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg