.470 Capstick Win Model 70 Left Handed Dies Brass & Bullets

jriggs

AH member
Reaction score
Member of
RMEF and NRA
so unfortunately I need to clean out the safe a bit and although I hate to do it...my .470 must go. I just picked this up last year and have barely gotten to shoot it.

the rifle has fewer than 50 rounds through it and is in pristine condition. if you have any questions please feel free to ask and i'll answer quickly as I can. for faster response shoot me an email at my contact info below. I can also get more pics if needed.

the action has been glass bedded and everything runs perfectly! rifle also comes with an RCBS 3 die set for the .470 Capstick, 1 new box of Barnes 500g Banded solids, 1 new box of Barnes Triple Shock bullets, about 60 pieces of brass. it's a mixture of Quality Cartridge and A-Square brass (i'll confirm those numbers tonight) and there is handful of rounds all loaded up and ready to go. some with Woodleigh soft points and some with the triple shock. I have all the load data and will include that along with some other load data I had collected and was going to try out.

$2500 + shipping/insurance to your FFL
(ammo, dies, brass, bullets i'll cover shipping and send directly to you)

contact email: Jeremy@franklinfarmseast.com

thanks so much for looking,

Riggs

pics
470a_zpsqntzoain.jpg
IMG_0325_zpslvfmtakc.jpg
470_zpssohumffd-2.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0326_zpsmbm1atzt.jpg
    IMG_0326_zpsmbm1atzt.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 466
Last edited by a moderator:
one for @Royal27 as the handle is on the wrong side ;)

Man....

This one would sure be cool!!! I've always wanted a left-hand M70 too.... And it would be cool to have a not so common caliber too.

This ain't in the budget today though. :(

so I wanted to answer a few questions that I've been asked more than once.

L.O.P is 13"

barrel length is 22"

action is super smooth and has been worked over by a competent gunsmith, feedramps are polished and the 500g Woodleigh solids feed very reliably and smooth.

action is glass bedded

the brake IS removable...and all that is needed is a thread cover. there is also room to cut the threads off completely if you have a smith who does that sort of thing

also...I'm open to offers so please feel free to make them. I won't be offended...

thanks,

riggs

Don't ya just hate budgets!

If only that bolt was on the other side...this baby would be joining the herd.

What do you mean??? The bolt IS on the other side! ;)

rifle is still for sale....please let me know if you have any questions.

thanks,

riggs

also open to offers.....so please feel free to make them.

Jriggs, I saw the post and my heart broke when I saw it was for a leftie. Nice gun good luck selling it.

dang, if this was a right handed gun id be very interested!

common Royal, send the man an offer.

-matt

Sorry, its not that. Always wanted one and they are not too common these days.
hope some cool lefty picks it up.

dang, if this was a right handed gun id be very interested!

common Royal, send the man an offer.

-matt

I'd love to.... it is either buy the gun or do an extra animal, or heck my CO elk hunt. Since I already have the Lott I just don't need it.... now a .300 wsm, that, I need!!!! :P Punk:

Sorry, its not that. Always wanted one and they are not too common these days.
hope some cool lefty picks it up.

I do too.... beauty....

going to go ahead and drop the price down to $2200 + shipping. hoping this finds a nice home soon!

other then Royal, the only left handed person i know is my dad and hes a wimp when it comes to recoil. i will keep my eyes/ears out for any lefties interested in a large bore gun.

-matt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuzannaVal

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg