AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
Wounded Leopard Attack

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing footage - but I'd hate for it to come to this on any hunt!
I've had to deliver the odd coup de grâce in Africa and had a long tracking job on a black-faced impala a few years ago, but at the end of the day, it's great for a hunter to have the animal fall to the shot.
A leopard hunt would be one of my top hunts in Africa; it's a shame we can't bring them back to Australia otherwise I would have had a go in 2009.

I saw that video at Reno last year. Wow.

Its a amazing footage, a real great experience to hunt the prince of the wild.

Monish

Hey guys that was as close as it gets.Glad you're all okay.Pitty you did not have some trained hounds to locate and keep that fellow busy till you got an angle on him to put him down for keeps.Even some hard terriers might have resulted in a more satisfactory outcome.Since the closure of hound hunts for leopard in Namibia I predict that encounters like this are going to become common.If you dont want yourself or client to become a statistic use well trained dogs to follow up any dangerous game ( felines and buff ).Jan Westdyk will be representing ARS this season in Namibia and he will have some off my top hounds up there with him for backup on our own leopard hunts incase things go belly up.Contact us if you have a tight spot we may be free to help you out.

I will take orders for Sparks bred and trained terriers and Big Game Hounds for situations like this.
Leopard are comitted most times in a charge.They normally stay low.Wait for him, dont shoot to soon you may not have time to reload.Let him come virtually onto the barrel and natural alignment will take over.Avoid a shotgun if you can unless you are shooting top performing slugs.I have a custom .375 bolt action, 21'' barrel, express sights, and I personally like the 250 gr Sierra Game King at around 2900 fps for leopard.

Definitely a reminder to make your first shot count.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HowardDove

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,