Would you hire a muzzleloader as opposed to bringing your own ?

Craig Klintworth

AH member
Reaction score
Website
www.mkonto.co.za
Member of
S.A. Game and Conservation Association, Big Bore Shooting Association, West Rand Wingshooters, Windknot Fly Fishing and Conservation Club, Transvaal Fly Tyers Guild
We are a boutique gunsmithing and manufacturing concern and having dealt with a number of visiting hunters and their challenges at Johannesburg's O.R Tambo International Airport I was wondering what sort of demand, if any, there would be for visiting hunters wanting to hire firearms, including muzzleloaders as opposed to bringing their own with them.

Would any of you be interested in hiring:

An in-line muzzleloader, scoped and unscoped, in .32, .36. .451, .50, .58, .72, 8br, 10br and 4br with all tools, developed load data, bullets etc ?
Under hammer muzzleloaders scoped and unscoped, in .32, .36. .451, .50, .58, .72, 8br, 10br and 4br with all tools, developed load data, bullets etc ?
Standard production rifles, scoped, in say .243 WIN, .30-06 SPR, .375 H&H and .458 WIN supplied with standard factory ammunition ?
Custom rifles, scoped, in say .243 WIN, .30-06 SPR, .375 H&H and .458 WIN supplied with standard factory ammunition ?
Shotguns, 12 ga and 20 ga in O/U, S/S, pump and self loading
Other ?

Our laws do allow for a black powder permit to be issued to visiting hunters but it takes some 4 to 6 weeks to be issued, the center fire rifles and shotguns would need to be “booked out” to your PH who would be the responsible person much like a security guard who books out his service pistol from his employee.

I look forward to hearing what your thoughts, comments and needs are.

Craig,

Do you sell primers/percussion caps and black powder/substitutes in SA?

Hi Mike,

Yes we can help you with all your needs, we generally have WANO and SWISS in stock and carry CCI #10, 11, 11 MAG and Musket caps as well. It should be noted that at this moment we are not a retail shop "shop" but rather a manufacturer and gunsmith that can help .

Regards

Craig

Thanks,

I have a friend that needs it from time to time for clients. I will let him know.

I am really in need of some FFG powder and # 2 and # 11 caps for an up coming elephant hunt, please may you get hold of me on martin@bulembisafaris.co.zw

Thanks in advance

All he has to do is drop me a mail giving me his specific needs and we will try to help him.

Regards

Craig

Craig,

I was actually referring to Martin, I see he posted since then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ModestaHac

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg