Would you consider booking with a hunting outfitter who is not a member of PHASA?

Would you consider booking with a hunting outfitter who is not a member of PHASA?

• Total voters
Jaco I was not saying if phasa did or did not already reach out.I was trying to give ideas looking at it from the outside.Things that I have done or seen done to get new members is all.

To many on here look at it as some of us are attacking them and we are just offering a new set of eyes looking at it what could be a problem.Because I will hunt with a non phasa member does not mean I do not want phasa to be around.If they do good for hunting way would I not.

Also with two of you saying you thought it was a old boys club to before joining I guess my point was correct.I said I did not know for sure but alot just think that.That is a point phasa needs to over come since you both say that is not the truth.

Its time some of you look at what is trying to be said and not like everyone is talking bad about phasa.Sometimes comments that dont agree with your own can help.

Jaco I was not saying if phasa did or did not already reach out.I was trying to give ideas looking at it from the outside.Things that I have done or seen done to get new members is all.

To many on here look at it as some of us are attacking them and we are just offering a new set of eyes looking at it what could be a problem.Because I will hunt with a non phasa member does not mean I do not want phasa to be around.If they do good for hunting way would I not.

Also with two of you saying you thought it was a old boys club to before joining I guess my point was correct.I said I did not know for sure but alot just think that.That is a point phasa needs to over come since you both say that is not the truth.

Its time some of you look at what is trying to be said and not like everyone is talking bad about phasa.Sometimes comments that dont agree with your own can help.

Bill,

You nailed it. As a hunter and an outsider to both PHASA and the industry I would absolutely hunt with a non PHASA member. Why wouldn't I? I do my own homework on an outfitter and use other opinions, but wouldn't take any one person's opinion as fact. And, just being a PHASA member doesn't make a PH a good and ethical PH, even if membership could potentially increase the odds.

PHASA definitely does some good, but that doesn't mean I should hunt only with them.

So in the end what does PHASA mean to me? It is one of MANY factors that I would consider and it is a positive starting place, but that's it.

Here is an analogy. I love AH. I've stated over and over that it is the best forum on the Internet. I'm much more likely to sign with an AH ph/outfitter than one who doesn't post here. There are still outfits here though that I wouldn't hunt with and ones who don't post here that I would hunt with.

Organizations can accomplish more than what one person can for the good of the industry. It doesn't mean that it makes a person superior. Look at the good others like Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, P&Y, Ducks unlimited and others, no one person could have been able to do what they as a body have done.

Professional hunters association of South Africa need I say more.

It is not SCI, or DSC IT IS NOT A HUNTING club.

My claims are substantiated trying to discredit me my friend pokes massive holes in your argument.

I would refrain from making statements with regards to my convictions as you most definitely do not know me.

I will say it again, it is going to be for ph's and outfitters a get on or get left behind kind of deal.
PHASA members are the most proactive, in the hunting society (fully operational ph's and outfitters)would you hunt in Zim with a non ZPHA or whatever they call it member?

You are against it and that's your right....no matter how uninformed I believe you might be (a very personal opinion by the way, which I believe I am entitled to as you have made your opinion very clear) but no one here will turn your head.

Serious outfitters that are dedicated to their trade, and the hunting future in SA are members....it has been proven and that is all that is to be said about the very nature of this conversation.

I believe the fact that you might be unaware of what measures PHASA has put in place and the constant effort involved, is purely due to the fact that you (I don't know if you are an outfitter or an agent) are not a member and I would kindly refer to a point made above by Jeff and by myself and David several times, we as PHASA members drive the industry (this is a reality) as we are in the position as members to vote and make decisions, with Natcon and government, non members are on the bus, that's all.

I will state it again, as a hunter you can hunt where you want its your right and it's not my decision to make.

As a professional in this industry though I believe it is our duty to be a member and be pro active, the rest will take it's course.

I have mentioned this in many debates, we cannot abstain from voting as voting and taking part is the only way to make yourself heard, if you as a citizen of a country throw your vote down the tube, you should simply adapt.

My best always.

Thanks Jaco, the kind of answer I expected from a PHASA Ambassador.

All the best with expanding membership.

@hunthardsafaris can I send you an application form?:sneaky:

Jokes aside, thanks for your input and raising of certain issues. Speaking only on be half of myself, this type of feedback is appreciated and it is well respected that you are not a fan, or maybe should I say have no interest of becoming a member of PHASA but those that are not in favour of PHASA should rest assured that those that are members really do have the best intentions of the hunting industry at heart and work tirelessly for the better of that industry.

Thanks again
Jono

Jono thanks for the offer, but I think they will decline my application and it looks like they have enough international members:D

Think in my case the famous or rather infamous quite from one of the Marx brothers comes to mind:)

"PLEASE ACCEPT MY RESIGNATION.
I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB
THAT WILL ACCEPT ME AS A MEMBER."
Groucho Marx

Well done hunting hard always easy to critique from the side line, as it is by far the most comfortable place to be.

Your acknowledgement is noted, to do with as I please. :)

Hope it all works out for you.

For those who are involved, and who do become involved (as there are many) thank you guys your tireless effort is greatly appreciated.

Ps those are associate members and not full members. (Intl. members that is hunting hard)

My best always

Thanks again Jaco, but I do know how the membership works. I fall into several catogories within the PHASA frame work.

I intend to:), thanks again.

Then your previous statement is confusing to me hunting hard to be quite honest.

Maybe it's humor and I simply don't get it. :)

I am a life member of Phasa . I have been a member for 17 years .like in any other organization you cannot always agree with everything . That is why we should be members to change what is wrong and commend what is good . As stated earlier by quite a few people we need a Organization that help us with the fight to keep us able to hunt . I do not see why we are arguing about BS when the threat against all of us hunters is that big out there . Exactly why we will loose the fight in the end because we cannot unite ! You can only change what is wrong from the inside not from the sideline !

I believe it is an advantage to a client that he knows his outfitter is affiliated to an Organization where he can resort to in case of any problems . There is no Law to force you to belong to any Association as an Outfitter or PH . It is your choice ! I also beleive there are good and bad guys both memebers and non members . If you are not a member that is your choice . Do not critisize anyone without the proper information .

Do not see any opinion someone has as a personal vendetta against you if you do not agree !

The best way to market and be succesful is to keep your clients happy and be honest ! We need to UNITE as hunters .

Happy Hunting !!!

Thank you Richard as always your honesty is absolutely spot on!

No matter how brutal it maybe! :) :)

Thanks again captain!

Thank you Safari Afrika, I agree with you, there is a greater common threat to hunting.

Nothing taken personnal, I am not the poll topic here.

Once again I agree, reputation speaks volumes.

All the best.

I am a life member of Phasa . I have been a member for 17 years .like in any other organization you cannot always agree with everything . That is why we should be members to change what is wrong and commend what is good . As stated earlier by quite a few people we need a Organization that help us with the fight to keep us able to hunt . I do not see why we are arguing about BS when the threat against all of us hunters is that big out there . Exactly why we will loose the fight in the end because we cannot unite ! You can only change what is wrong from the inside not from the sideline !

I believe it is an advantage to a client that he knows his outfitter is affiliated to an Organization where he can resort to in case of any problems . There is no Law to force you to belong to any Association as an Outfitter or PH . It is your choice ! I also beleive there are good and bad guys both memebers and non members . If you are not a member that is your choice . Do not critisize anyone without the proper information .

Do not see any opinion someone has as a personal vendetta against you if you do not agree !

The best way to market and be succesful is to keep your clients happy and be honest ! We need to UNITE as hunters .

Happy Hunting !!!

Some very wise words mentioned here as well my dear friend... As mentioned by Dave, myself, Marius and many others.

My best to you and yours!

Thanks Jaco, I did not miss that part.
As said before I will see what the poll does with regards to the first section.
Safari Afrika is right there is no law and it is a choice, he is also right with part that there are good and bad members and non members.
I am still looking for the proper information to substantiate the claims made, yours and mine, when I get it I will get back to you, as you and the other members rightfully say "the devil is in the detail".

Thanks again.
All the best.

Oi joi joi.
As a member I gave you the detail, in extreme accuracy I honestly don't know what you are on about.

That's me for now, if I see anything worth while I'll comment again to verify what you post.

I believe several PHASA members including Richard Lemmer read what I wrote, with regards to PHASA, I have also been in the industry for a substantial time, and to be quite frank my credibility stands without contestation. :)

Over and out.

Last edited:
If a hunting outfitter is not a member of PHASA would you consider hunting with his establisment?
Please cast your vote if you have not already done so, a good topic, especially with all that is happening right now...

I'm also going to say it doesn't matter to me. I'm going to go bye what I see and hear here on AH and the comments from those who hunted with this person. The wisdom and experience here from members is invaluable.

I go on references. If someone has ripoffed a hunter and there are posts all over the internet about it, I don't care what organization they are with I am not hunting with them.

Like all hunting organizations I am glad they are there and I support them, even if I disagree with their decisions sometimes.

While belonging to a professional origination is nice it doesn't tell the whole story on the outfitter.

You still need to do your homework on them to see if what they offer is what you are looking for.

And it still doesn't tell you if they will take care of you properly.
All it does is tell you that they took the time to join the origination.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShellieWei

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!