AH legend
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
united state- Co Nm Mt Wy Pa , canada ,mexico ,south africa- Northwest, Limpopo, freestste.Northern cape,East cape, namibia
Is it possible to hunt more then one country in one trip.it looks like south africa is one i would do but could you do any others in the same trip.Not sure how easy it is to travel around or for paperwork to do more then one at a time.Thanks Billc

Wen have had a couple of clients last year and in 2009 that did just that hunted 2 or even 3 countries in trip saves on the long haul flight and if you can afford being away for longer please do.

If you have the time and the money, go for it!

I agree with both Frederik and Bushbuck if you have the extra time at your disposal why not go for it.

Best Regards
Louis van Bergen

Did that last season (Zim and then onto Moz).
I have also travelled extensively around Africa after hunting Safaris over the years.

I hunted two countries last year also. Moz and then Zim. We enjoyed it immensely.

ok time is not the problem but not sure how much in extra fees and paperwork this would make.Since my 12 year old would be with not sure if it is worth the hassle or not.As of right now it looks like south africa would be my man stop.Knowing this is there another place anyone could say would be a good extra trip with out a ton of headaches.I am not sure how easy it is to travel from country to country with guns.Thanks again

Bill, maybe you copuld tell us what you are speciafically after in each country that will help a lot with the answers. For instance on top of your list is a Hartmans Zebra best place Namibia or nyala best place South Africa.

And it sounds like a lot more headache than it really is believe me.

I would like to hunt the animals were they are naturally from.From what i a have been finding out not so easy to do.So I have come to see south africa gives me a good chance at a fun hunt.I guess since kuda,gemsbuck,nyala,waterbuck,bushbuck are my main focus.My son will be shooting the zebra and likes them both so opened to either.From what I am finding out also one trip to africa will not keep me happy.lol so should I just do south africa and planned another trip after to another country in a few years.

If you are looking for trophy book animals you could be hunting in one area for all except the Gemsbuck, then you might as well add springbuck, steenbuck and a couple more to your list.

It is however possible to find a trophy book gemsbuck in the same area with luck but like stated you would like to hunt them in their natural environment.

What area would you be saying for the gemsbuck then.Also would this area be ok for kuda.I am thinking about a springbuck for my son.He is putting his money aside and will have enough for that animal.

Hi Billc

I would defiantly do the Kalahari for gemsbuck and springbuck!

Best Regards
Louis van Bergen

Hello Bill,

I think South Africa would be a great option for your trip. Looking at the species that you listed in the begining, the only thing that I would recommend is to add a couple of days. You will be able to get good trophies by hunting in two provinces....

So suggested areas would be Limpopo province and then the North west or the Northern Cape provinces for gemsbuck and springbuck. Kwa Zulu Natal would also be and option but the drive from there to the other provinces to find gemsbuck would be a very long one.

One place I can suggest in Namibia, I have hunted there and liked it very much is Farm Gravenstein / Panorama Guest and Hunting farm They have good gembok, springbok, red hartebeest, ostrich, and many other animals too!

One place I can suggest for nyala is Leeukop Safari.

RSA has a lot of outfitters, and many post on here!

I would have no problem in hunting in two different spots, I would consolidate my shipping of animals back to the states, if it was possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlynnHeini

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.