Hunting reports
Africa
Australia/NZ
Member of
Sporting Shooters Association Australia, Australian Deer Association,
Hunted
RSA, New Zealand.
Hi Guy's.
I will most likely make the trip across from WA to Vic some time in 2016 to hunt Sambar, would anyone like to join me or meet up somewhere for a couple of days?
Sort of have an AH get together somewhere, as I am travelling from WA I am open to suggestions as to where.
Chris.

l"ll take you for a walk , chriss...
what month ?
do you like big country , or open fringe ground on the edge of faramland

cant promise the eulisve 30 in head , but we will see a few deer .......
april wont be any good , as there a couple of AH ers here then and a friend from Africa just after......
so hog deer season is out mate ......

I'd love to join in but I don't think it will be in the works.

Make sure you guys do a write up on it.

I think I will take you up on that offer Bluey, I am figuring some time between mid June and the end of Sept I don't have any specific dates yet but will most likely set aside 10-14 days. I dont mind what kind of country I stalk just being out and about is good enough for me, I havent hunted Sambar in 20 years so just seeing one again would be great. I used to hunt up around the Rose River and lake Cobbler and up above Abbeyard on the Buffalo River, dont know what it's like there these days though.

September sounds good
there will be some action then .no way I can do 10 or 14 days , but we can do 4 or 5 days back packing then 2 or 3 around ,close to home on farmland
if you want to do more I im sure l can find some one around here to go back in with you .
im pretty tied up until the end of janurary .
after that we can work something out
p,m me an email or phone number and I will get intouch
this will be in east Gippsland

Hey guys, depending when msy be able to organise a hut to hunt from. 20 min from Mansfield.

sounds good

Sounds like this is starting to take shape nicely, I wasn't planning on being in the bush for 10+ days just setting aside that length of time to get in a few days allowing for weather etc.
Bluey I have pm'd you my contact details.

The beuty of this spot is that it is only 2 hrs or so from Melbourne. In addition no camping gear needed as the hut has everything. It is situated on a 100 acres with very easy access to state land and endless hunting . In fact deer have been taken within 300 meters of the hut. I have hunted in the area for 20 years so I know it a little.

Don't you love it when a plan comes together?

Have fun guys!

gday chriss I didn't get your pm

gday richteb ...
theres not many places in Gippsland where a deer isn't shot 300 metres from camp
in September , me and my grandkids were camping up club teerace , on the river ,trout fishing , some wanker pulled up and spotlighted a 27 inch stag 200 hundred metres away from where we were sleeping .
Mansfield is a great place .I will take you up on a walk there mate , any day it can be arranged

Ok, just need this 40 c weather to bugger off and some nice rain, and we are set.

Ok I tried again Bluey let me know if it turned up.

I found red hot stag shit just under the bush edge at some green pick yesterday,gladdened my heart too..bring on Winter!

We have had 40c here lately as well...pooh!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arecruitment880

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!