Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SSAA,Military Pistol Club
Hunted
Australia,Zimbabwe
Here are some pictures of a Woodleigh hydrostat that was recovered from my buffalo. The bullet (fired from 458 Lott) entered the skull just below the boss and contiued through the skull and entered the spine at the hump. The projectiles was recovered near the tail under the skin. The only damage to it was on the nose by way of very slight indentations.

Hydrostat 1.jpg Hydrostat2.jpg Hydrostat3.jpg

How well do they feed through your rifle and are they the 450grn or 500grn?

Classicsafari,
The projectile is a 500gn .458 and yes my ph who was using then did experience feeding issues. The rifle was a CZ and had been worked on by a gunsmith already (very badly from what I could tell) and also had problems feeding normal round nose projectiles. Hard to judge if the issue is the shape of the hydrostats or the dodgy gunsmithing work. I would guess a little of both. However, most impressive performance none the less.

Yes the Hydros can be an issue to make feed in some rifles. Sometime they can be made to feed but at the expense of reliability.
Perhaps you can recognise the PH in the centre?

R008-007.jpg

Waking up after a hard nights celebration on an Ele hunt.

Attachments

• R008-007.jpeg
    R008-007.jpeg
    67.2 KB · Views: 220

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glucoslime

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.