Wolf Hunt in British Columbia

JamesJ

AH elite
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
One of my outfitters has some openings for his British Columbia Wolf hunt. The area is near Prince George BC and the Wolf population is getting a little too healthy for his liking. the hunts are 6 days long and shot opportunity is 100%. this is a tough hunt as wolves are very intelligent and elusive and shots can be long. hunters with a comfort level out to 400 have a distinct advantage for this hunt.
Accommodations will be either at his lodge or at a local B&B if you prefer (small up-charge). 6 day hunt is $4,000 2x1 or $5,000 1x1, plus tax, tag, license and HPF fund. January - March are prime Wolf season.
Lynx and Cougar can be added as upgrades if seen.

watermark.php

Last edited by a moderator:
How much is the Lynx & cougar upgrade? If they are spotted. What are odds on Lynx and Cougar sighting? Can additional days be added?

You must purchase the tag before hand, if you kill a cougar it's $5k lynx $1,500. Odds of seeing a lynx are low, however I did see two a couple years ago up there. Cougar are low as well, they are normally run with dogs. But for the price of the tag it's not a bad deal to take a chance on.

100% shot opportunity on wolf eh ???

If they are indeed having 100% Opportunity they would be the best wolf outfitters in the world. Would they be willing to do a $2000 base price and $3000 once the hunter has a shot opportunity ???

If they are indeed having 100% Opportunity they would be the best wolf outfitters in the world. Would they be willing to do a $2000 base price and $3000 once the hunter has a shot opportunity ???

If the population is high I can see an opportunity guarantee.
I know an outfitter who baits wolves all winter and they have incredible success.
If you can shoot with accuracy to 400 yards you should get one.
I'd call the guy nuts if he was doing this with a bow hunter. :)

I have a couple of north country outfitters, who have 100% opportunity, but Like Brickburn said they bait all winter and it's hard work. In the end it comes out to the guy behind the trigger. Now bow hunting that's a whole different animal.

I doubt he would do the price break up, if you have a shot and miss or don't take it, most people would be unlikely to pay. The client in the the photo had been on 4 wolf hunts without ever seeing one, on his fifth trip he took that great black one. When I hunted with this outfitter a couple of years ago we (collectively) took 3 during a moose hunt.
DSCF0085.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephaineT

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!