With a two week window, where and when would you go?

I am new to these things.

I would have to agree about Tanzania. I have hunted Buffalo in Mozambique, Zambia, Tanzania and Zimbabwe. I hunted the Masailand in 2007 just after the short rains started at first there wasnt much game but the rains changed things quickly. The buff I shot was by far my best. He is wide with prity good bosses and a nice curl, but honestly just a little on the flat side. I would go back in a heart beat.

Dick

Ryan,
Yes, I believe that you are spot on and the hunt was with Saeed Al McTourn of AR fame and his 10 or so guest, Saeed, shot the buff and the guest shot plainsgame. The hunt was with Pierre van Tonder whom I have booked for over the years...The day that group left Pierre and I, had a 3 day break and we went out and I shot the two largest buffalo that I have ever seen in 40 plus years...The largest of the two dugga boys is on my web page and on my wall..Those two big boys were together.

I believe we saw a near 100 pound elephant on your side of the road, but it may have been on the other side of the Mahenge, I don't know, but that was the most awesome elephant this Texas boy ever saw and I slobbered all over myself.

The game scout said shoot him ( for $300 ) Pierre laughed and said "Babu, after you shoot him this bastard will up the price to $25,000 and you will be in jail! :)....
I am ashamed to admit that I was sorely tempted, but fear and common since made me do otherwise! :) I know how Adam felt when he saw that apple! :) :)

Ray,
thanks for confirming that. You guys must have had a real blast during that week. That area has some great potential for exceptional trophies due to the korongo thickets and dense riverine forest on my side. There are some amazing buffalo, lion and elephant in there that have never been seen and just give us glimpses once a year. I did see the elephant you are talking about and had a bufalo hunter with me who did not want to take the option for it and when i got a hunter in the followin week, we tracked him for days, but he kept slipping away and when we finally set eyes on him, he was in flight into the Selous reserve! But he lives in that forest and i am dreaming of an encounter.

I think i know the game scout you are talking about as well - we retired him last year! Am surprised he asked for so much! He usually mentions $100 and just sleeps in the car all day - i am their biggest enemy as they have never received anything from me for years! But we do tip them well and that allows for a good smile at the end of the hunt.

That elephant will go 80 pounds, but hopefully he is still adding pounds as we speak. Am glad you got your dream buffalo out there - it sure is a special place with many good surprises. Can't wait to get back there - few more days and am in heaven again!

That week with Saeed was 30 days as I recall maybe 21, but I stayed another week and hunted after they left...

The good news is that Ryan and I have struck a deal and I will trying to book hunts for him in the future as well as a couple of other outfits..I think that Ryan and I will have a future together once we get through this economy thing..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you