WINGSHOOTING IN NAMIBIA

nejatuner

AH member
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Dear Sirs,

I would like to hunt as many bird species as possible in Namibia on 1x1 basis taking the three species of sandgrouse in pole position
and the francolins ranking the second and the guineafowl,doves and pigeons ranking the third on my winghooting list.

My questions:

Could my wish be accomplished?

Which month of the year in Namibia?

Which outfitter can organize this request?

The full hunting days needed?

The overall cost?

İnclusions and exclusions?

Best Regards,

Nejat Uner

Dear Bricburn,

I thank you very much for your kind reply.I already read that well prepared website and hunted all the birds except sandgrouse in South Africa year ago which I loved and enjoyed hunting very much.I want to repeat this wingshooting episode again but do not know whether I can combine sandgrouse shooting which takes place in September according to the table indicated on the website and the francolin shooting which does not take place in September at the same time.It would be not logical to come over for the sandgrouse shooting only.This is why I need to hear offically from an outfitter which may find a solution and tell me the days needed,the month which I may shoot the most of the species in and the might-be overall cost.

Best regards,

Nejat Uner

Nejat, Drop Jerome an email directly and you should get answer.

Bird Hunting in Namibia

This link will answer your questions.

Thank you BRICKBURN, much appreciated!

Nejat Uner, Here is the reply I posted for you on another thread...

Nejat Uner, The hunting season in Namibia for Francolin starts in May to end in August just before the start of the Sandgrouse season in September which overlap during that month with Guineafowl. I do not use pointing dogs any longer to hunt Guineafowl and Francolin as the heat, dust, pollen, grass, thorns... are terribly strenuous on dogs and after a mere 30 minutes dogs already start showing signs of exhaustion and breathing difficulties. We do not shoot Guineafowls and Francolins in high volume, during the bird hunting season in Namibia hunters are subject to a daily quota per hunter of 10 Guineafowls and 10 Francolins. We shoot Redbilled Francolin and the three species of Sandgrouse, Burchell, Doublebanded and Namaqua. Here are the daily quota per hunter for Sandgrouse: 5 Burchell Sandgrouse, 5 Doublebanded Sandgrouse and 10 Namaqua Sandgrouse... and it is honestly impossible to know which species you are shooting at when in flight! I would say the better months for wingshooting would be for me July, August and September. For the last 3 years we have had very little Sandgrouse activity which I believe is due to the tremendous amount of rain that Namibia has had and spreading the Sandgrouse population all over the country...

Feel free to contact me anytime should you have further questions and for more information please visit our Wingshooting page on our website by clicking here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudeWjg34

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross