www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
Wildlife Artist Marcello Pettineo

watermark.php

Central African Savannah Buffalo

watermark.php

Cameroon

I came across Marcello Pettineo's work over a year ago on a brochure from a French company that conducts hunting safaris in C.A.R., SAFARIA (www.safaria-car.com). Having looked at thousands of hunting outfits' brochures over the years, I must say that this one clearly stood out right away from the rest, just by having Marcello's extraordinary pencil drawing on the cover. After taking some time to go through it, it is no doubt, and by far, the nicest hunting brochure that I ever seen. SAFARIA's brochure is laid out page after page of wildlife, hunting lifestyle, hunting scenes and trophy pictures showcasing Marcello's work beautifully throughout. You can see SAFARIA's brochure as an attached document to this post called "brochure-safaria.pdf".

watermark.php

Wildlife Artist Marcello Fremens - In The Field in C.A.R.

Marcello Pettineo was born in Sicily, Italy in 1959, he has devoted all of his energy for the past 30 years to his passion, nature, the focus of all his activities. In fact from his earliest childhood, he has spent his whole life following this pursuit, as he explains in his self-published art object book “Mémoire d’un pêcheur de tritons” (Memoirs of a newt fisher) which can be viewed at www.poiscaille.com.

watermark.php

Bongo

A fervent fishing enthusiast as a child and then a keen fly fisherman in later years, engaging in this hobby has taken him to a variety of places throughout the world. He began this travelling quite late in life immersing himself body and soul in the experience, seeking through his drawings and travels to record his impressions within projects that often take the form of nature sketchbooks. But he does not regard this as a profession; it is something else entirely, and those who use his services and artistic sensitivities to portray the natural world in various mediums, are well aware of this.

watermark.php

Bushbuck

He is not a hunting enthusiast, but rather an observer of nature, which is how he sees himself, first and foremost. He remains deeply convinced that it is by dialogue and understanding that a sustainable harmony between nature and mankind can be forged.

watermark.php

Derby Eland

Some of Marcello Pettineo's works can be seen and purchased at www.orchape.com or by contacting him directly by e-mail at marcello@fremens.com.

I hope that you will enjoy his field sketches as much as I do!

watermark.php

Derby Eland

watermark.php

Giant Forest Hog

watermark.php

Wildlife Artist Marcello Fremens - In His Studio

watermark.php

Hartebeest Lelwel

watermark.php

Leopard

watermark.php

Lion Calling

watermark.php

Lion

watermark.php

Roan Antelope

watermark.php

Warthog

watermark.php

Yellow Back Duiker

watermark.php

Wildlife Artist Marcello Fremens - In The Field in C.A.R.

watermark.php

Cape Buffalo Gun Engraving

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Truly an exquisite work not often seen.......!!!!!

Thanks Jerome.....!!!!

Truly amazing. He was truly blessed with a gift.

Oh wow! I looked at his website and I'm here to tell you his work is breath taking. Definitely going to try and buy some.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemjhon405

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber