AH veteran
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA / Memphis Sport Shooting Association / K&M Shooting Complex, TN
With all the exciting hunting discussions in this forum, my 2 cents worth is that 3-friends and I are finally going on our long-ago planned hog and cow elk hunt at the above-noted game ranch in central Tennessee Thanksgiving week. My 300 win mag rifle is sighted-in at 100-yards with hand-loaded Lapua Mega 185-grain bullets chronographed at just over 2,900 fps. I do have my "official" African shooting sticks which I have practiced with instead of spending all my time at the bench. Rain is in the forecast and I am well-Gortexed. I will write up a report of my humble little trip that will hopefully not say that I missed a shot!

Good luck with the hunt! Shoot straight.

Happy hunting!

All the best.(y)

Sounds like you're ready to go.
Good luck.

Hope you guys have a great time William. If your looking for a biggin' your gonna have to let alot of small ones walk. Thinking I might head back towards the end of December and see whats going on. Best of luck to you guys!

Good luck William.

get the fat ones...

good luck.

Safe travels and good luck.

Enjoy the trip!!!!

I just checked out the web site. It's looks like you and your friends will be in for a good hunt. Good luck!

image.jpg

Hunt Report: The place was great, the food plain, but tasty and plentiful, the staff was friendly, the head guide (Lynn) was accommodating beyond measure, and the prices fair. I took a small cow "meat" elk on a day of slashing, sandblasting, sidewise rain. One 100-yard shot, instant drop, one kill! From reading about hunting buffalo in herds, I learned to wait for a shot where the exiting bullet would not buy me a second elk; thanks, all, for the money-saving advice. This is the proud, damp, and chilly hunter. Also took a small "meat" hog. The rest of the guys in our party of four took large hogs.

That's terrific! Yep, I am envious :)

Glad you and your buddies had a succesfull hunt. You got all the makings for some fine eatin'(y)

Elk mushroom patties (per recipe from Minnesota Elk Breeders) were incredible! Enjoyed with mashed potatoes and peas. No gamey taste whatsoever.

Congrats on your hunt

Looks like you had a great hunt.

We had a great hunt, all - thanks for the well-wishes!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RamiroMcGu

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg