Whitworth express 375HH

Yea....if you vision the top round on the right side..the middle of the bullet lines up with the edge of feed ramp..which tells me somethings not allowing the nose of the bullet to point up at a shallow angle..just my guess.

Well guys....an amateur gun smith with a dremel tool is a dangerous thing...but..I think I fixed it. Where the magazine box meets the bottom of the reciever on left side there was a lip. This lip should have been milled out further at factory. The lip was catching the follower and not allowing the follower to come up far enough with three rounds in the gun. I could push the follower down sometimes times and it would catch on this lip and not come all the way up. So..I dremeled the lip even with the mag box...polished it...reblued it..and put gun back together. I loaded it up 7 times with three rounds and it fed perfectly each time. When I push the follower down regardless of how I do it..it pops back up all the way to the bottom of the bolt rails like it should. Oh well...we will see now. I'm almost happy again. No matter how I load it it..it feeds like it should.

Heym 88, been following this thread for a while now, found it very interesting. I am glad you got it sorted out. I hate buying a gun only to find out it has issues.

Thats great news indeed! We figured it was something like that. It sounds like you got it but of course it will take some time to be totally confident of the repair. Good luck with it, these are good guns.

Thanks guys....your right about taking some time for confidence to build back up. I hate buying guns only to find out they have issues as 35 bore has already stated. I just took my time and finaly found out what I thought looked wrong...guess so far I was right...the de milling and polish isn't gun smith perfect LoL..but it seems to be working. I just love the looks of the old classic bolt gun and it fits me like a glove...I think I'll keep her.

I'm glad you are falling in love with the gun! Also happy you figured out the problem. There are lots of problems with guns miss feeding cartridges into the gun. I have a 270 Win in a Remington 700 BDL that drives me nuts not feeding correctly!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VioletteFg

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!