WHITE KUDU

baas303

AH senior member
Reaction score
Hi to you all. Can anybody give me some info about a story that there is going to be an auction this weekend somewhere in Limpopo and that there is a white kudu to be auctioned.

Thank You
baas303

Hope fully not!!!, nothing directed to you BAAS303 just my feeling on these weak genetic specimens.
My best

Don't know about the auction, but they do exist. They are abinos I believe. Kruger National Park has several of them if I'm not mistaken. I have seen some pictures of them some where.

Here's a pic

Now put a set of 55" horns on that.....now that would be a thing of beauty!

Attachments

• 387332-albino-kudu.jpg
    387332-albino-kudu.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 1,598
John Coleman wrote an article about a white kudu that he took with a client many moons ago. It features in the Magnum Magazine or African Outfitter can't remember, I think last month or the month before. I think they are just a slip-of-nature or actual albino etc very rare.

Leucism VS. Albinism

The white Kudu as what is being referred to, is not an Albino but rather leucistic, (same as white lion...not albino) the latter (leucism) reduces all types of pigment over the broad spectrum.

Albinisms results in the reduction of melanin production only, as a result albinos are not entirely white, but instead display a pale yellow colour as a norm, as well as the very visible and unmistakeable pink colouring around the eyes and nose always present in Albino's.

My best always.

The white Kudu as what is being referred to, is not an Albino but rather leucistic, (same as white lion...not albino) the latter (leucism) reduces all types of pigment over the broad spectrum.

Albinisms results in the reduction of melanin production only, as a result albinos are not entirely white, but instead display a pale yellow colour as a norm, as well as the very visible and unmistakeable pink colouring around the eyes and nose always present in Albino's.

My best always.

Thanks, duly noted.

No problem Rohan.

My best always.

My best always.

Very true. Leucism is a possibility as well. Same ginetic malfunction that producess a white blesbok, impala, and springbok. I have not seen it in a Kudu. Not to say it isn't possible!

Hi to you all. Can anybody give me some info about a story that there is going to be an auction this weekend somewhere in Limpopo and that there is a white kudu to be auctioned.

Thank You
baas303

No idea about White Kudu.
But here are the folks holding some auctions this weekend.

Hanley Wildlife Services
Tel & Fax: +27 (15) 543-0258
Tel & Fax: +27 (15) 543-0207
Email: hanley@limpopo.co.za

OLJACO Game Dealers
Office Tel: 014 755 3626
014 755 3686
Email: gamedealers@mweb.co.za

Rickb 100% correct, it is also the same phenomena responsible for pieball (sp.) deer, with a little variance, creating the blotched effect, it is the same with the Kudu these guys are reffering to as Marius also states the artificiall un natural game breeders game market in SA leans it self very well to these kind of things especially when taking into consideration the amount of money they spend on it.

Blows my mind.....

My best always.

PS. correct brick it will be at Hanley's auction, I must say and please this is very hush hush I heard they also had a black sable... :) :victory: V for Victory...... vip it in vip it out vipe it off.

1085846868.jpg
This one for example?:eek:;)

That one is deff a leucism. I love how you can still see the white pin stripes.

I know of some white wildebeest in the Limpopo, they are not albino but some kind of rare color phase. I got some great video of some a few years back.

to heck with white kudu. when are they going to start reproducing in blaze orange. thats the only new color im interested in!

to heck with white kudu. when are they going to start reproducing in blaze orange. thats the only new color im interested in!

Ha ha! :D

I want one in Hot Pink!

I want one in Hot Pink!

It doesn't matter....the dam things will still vanish while you are looking at them! Now we will just have to call them the pink ghost! Blaze Orange ghost!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LawerenceV

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross