Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
England, Scotland, Wales, Poland, South Africa, Spain, Germany, USA (Wyoming) and Hungary.
Hi Guys,

A dream of mine is to do a buffalo hunt. Now i cannot afford a trophy bull but was wondering what the cost would be to shoot a cow buffalo?

Cheers, Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
Tom, you can have a look through/search the hunts offered section and you should get some answers.

Typically they are significantly cheaper than a trophy bull for sure.

Well I have seen them for on the low end of $3500 to $4500 to +$5000.

If you have patience, UKHunter and save up over a period of time...even if it's years, you can go on a bull cape buffalo hunt. I would never give up the dream, I would just save up for it. I believe for a while anyway that $9000 to $11,000 cape buffalo hunts will be around. And I have seen cheaper hunts, once in a while, when someone cancels the hunt and the deposit is forfeited. Keep the dream alive!

Hi Guys,

A dream of mine is to do a buffalo hunt. Now i cannot afford a trophy bull but was wondering what the cost would be to shoot a cow buffalo?

Cheers, Tom

Hi Tom - A friend of mine did as follows

1.Made a list of outfitters / PH with email addresses

2.Emailed them regarding requirement and gave a date range of when suited him over two year period , include as much detail as possible - hunting experience - whether you need to borrow a gun or are bringing one - etc etc

3.Waited and had a couple of conversations with PH etc

Finally got to cull a Cape Buff - it was very reasonable indeed he even told the wife the truth !

Yeah that cheap

So perhaps the above can help

Stephen

Well I have seen them for on the low end of $3500 to $4500 to +$5000.

If you have patience, UKHunter and save up over a period of time...even if it's years, you can go on a bull cape buffalo hunt. I would never give up the dream, I would just save up for it. I believe for a while anyway that $9000 to $11,000 cape buffalo hunts will be around. And I have seen cheaper hunts, once in a while, when someone cancels the hunt and the deposit is forfeited. Keep the dream alive!

Thank you for the reply and the information provided. I would be just as happy with a cow buff as i would a trophy bull. Its all about the experience for me, and not counting those half inches.

Cheers, Tom

Hi Tom - A friend of mine did as follows

1.Made a list of outfitters / PH with email addresses

2.Emailed them regarding requirement and gave a date range of when suited him over two year period , include as much detail as possible - hunting experience - whether you need to borrow a gun or are bringing one - etc etc

3.Waited and had a couple of conversations with PH etc

Finally got to cull a Cape Buff - it was very reasonable indeed he even told the wife the truth !

Yeah that cheap

So perhaps the above can help

Stephen

Thanks very much, Ill do just that :cool:

Tom

Another option would be a non trophy buffalo bull. Mokore was offering some of these hunts on their Sengwa Research center concession. Very good price. If you are interested PM me and I can send you the contact info. I have hunted with the Duckworth's in Mozambique and on the Save. They are among the finest operators in Africa.

some Buff cow's hunted last week with clients.

SDC10180_zpse1d39b22.jpg

SDC10185_zps72ce26e3.jpg

some trophies done in the past:

Trofeefotos002_zps68bbadc4.jpg

Buffelkoeietrofee.jpg

Attachments

• Buffelkoeietrofee.jpg
    Buffelkoeietrofee.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 115
  • SDC10180_zpse1d39b22.jpg
    SDC10180_zpse1d39b22.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 162
  • SDC10185_zps72ce26e3.jpg
    SDC10185_zps72ce26e3.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 160
  • Trofeefotos002_zps68bbadc4.jpg
    Trofeefotos002_zps68bbadc4.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 97

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelitaAu

Latest profile posts

Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,