Whats on your Hunting "bucket list"

I want it all but most importantly to do the hunts they way I want and with good people. The experience is number one. But I do need a leopard! Brown/grizzly bear.. should have had a grizz this spring but it was not to be.... The rest of the tiny 10, civit, wild cat and honey badger... Bongo and dwarf forest buff. Moose and elk. I'd love to get a mountain goat... Audad and mule deer are on the short list..... I could go on... Another that is not all about hunting is to walk on all 7 continents. Anybody know if it is possible to hunt anything in Antarctica?
Bob,
We will draw NM next year and scratch that bull elk off your list my friend!

To keep the list short and sweet...

Black Lechwe,
Sitatunga,
Roan,
Lion,
Leopard,
Ele,
Buff

For Africa: cape buffalo and sable antelope (not necessarily on the same trip).
Also interested in taking zebra, black wildebeest, springbok, nyala, and red hartebeest.

In N. America: Javelina (with handgun), moose (probably never happen), cow elk, and I would like to take a very nice, 8 point (or better) whitetail....suitable for mounting. I don't care how I take it (bow, rifle, handgun, muzzleloader, slug gun), as long as it is fair chase.

From the USA a Bison ,prairie dogs, a really good white tail buck. Canada a moose and bear.
Africa cape buffalo, Roan, leopard, waterbuck. Complete my fishing grand slam, missing a big marlin, chased them for 20 years.

The idea with @nuval.J2711 is to get further and further into the backwoods. We will start this year by getting away from the cabin and going into the forest for moose. In addition, we are lining up:

1. Black bear hunt in Northern Canada, maybe BC! Had a great exchange with @Ardent so looks feasible;
2. buffalo somewhere remote in Africa, not sure where yet;
3. I think the outback in Australia would be cool.

...Just got to pay off that last Africa trip....

How about a record book Whitetail , Mule Deer , Elk .......etc !
How about a record book Eland , Kudu , Gemsbok ......etc !
How about a record book Marians , Gould ,Eastern Turkey ...etc !
All taken with a bow of course ...... get my point ! LOL !
Glen

The idea with @nuval.J2711 is to get further and further into the backwoods. We will start this year by getting away from the cabin and going into the forest for moose. In addition, we are lining up:

1. Black bear hunt in Northern Canada, maybe BC! Had a great exchange with @Ardent so looks feasible;
2. buffalo somewhere remote in Africa, not sure where yet;
3. I think the outback in Australia would be cool.

...Just got to pay off that last Africa trip....
yukon backcountry moose (y) bow only ;)

If I won Lotto and my knee healed itself ...... and it was all legal.

Gaur with a double.
The gazelle grand slam with a 7x57.

As that is unlikely to happen, I'll settle with an annual trip into the outback with a few mates, my son and a bottle or two of rum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg