What's in a Logo?

KVS

AH veteran
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Member of
PHASA
Good day AH

A logo is often the first representation a client will get about your business. It can be used to get across what type of industry you are involved in and what product you offer. It's the face of a business.
A lot of thought and effort goes in to making a logo and I would like to hear how you came up with your logo and if there is a story behind it.....

I'll begin.
Our logo has plenty of personal meaning behind it. My wife and I apart from being Hunting Outfitters are 4th generation farmers, we run an Angus stud herd, Hampshire sheep, grow crops and honeybush tea but our main farming enterprise has always been growing and exporting Proteas (see photo)
image.jpg

A specific type of a Protea is called the King Protea. Our farmhouse is based on top of a hill on our farm, with 360' views of mountains and the Indian Ocean. Below that is our plantation of King Proteas, hence the farm was named: Kingsview.
Bushbuck occur naturally in our area but have had a tough time against poachers and their dogs. Since we introduced anti-poaching measures there has been a boom in the Bushbuck population and we have always viewed these animals as having a sense of Pride and Fortitude, pillars we wanted our business to be based on. So we chose the Bushbuck to be part of our Logo.

And that is how we designed our Logo.
image.jpg

Jono, great stuff. Elephant hunting is our main line. A marketing expert also said keep your logo basic and to the point. Embroidery is difficult if you doing caps, shirts etc.

Jono I must drop by your place next time I am in SA,sounds like you have a piece of paradise there.Nice logo with some serious thought put into it.

Jono I must drop by your place next time I am in SA,sounds like you have a piece of paradise there.Nice logo with some serious thought put into it.

You are more than welcome anytime. I'd gladly show you our operation and would appreciate some feedback, especially with your experience.

Jono, +1

Reactions: KVS
A logo is something representing a company. Like an family coat of arms from the old world. It's what a potential client will see first on a website and marketing materials. It is the first impression on what your company represents and we all know we only have one chance to make that a memorable one.

Kingsview & TMS, you have both accomplish this. All the best.

R.

I like your Jono, it's unique, people will recognize it easily.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sammie2072

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross