What one animal from Africa, finally pushed you to hunt in Africa?

Cape Buffalo

A friend had invited me hunt Africa several times and I had no interest, always turned him down. In 2008 we were in Reno at the SCI convention and I saw a springbuck mount, I told him if he wanted to go I would go for a springbuck. Needless to say we went, I got a beautiful Springbuck and a great Impala. Had a wonderful time. We are coming back this year, he for a list of things (Leopard, Hippo, Elephant, etc) and me for what I believe will be my last African trophy - A Kudu.

For me, #1 is impala. In my eyes, a more beautiful animal does not exist. I love their wariness, and I like stalking and taking longer shots with smaller-caliber rifles 7mm and below.

Another is springbok. Again, I love stalking on the prairie and crawling into position. Simply beautiful animals. I'd love to collect all subspecies some day.

Bushbuck is very high on my list. Another beauty that isn't in everyone's trophy room. Ditto nyala.

Finally, kudu. Nothing says "African trophy" quite like these magnificent animals.

My first trip, Tanzania in 1985 was the result of too much Ruark, O'Connor and Capstick! It was a fairly inexpensive package hunt that included airfare and trophy fees for 7 animals/7 days. And under 5K! Buffalo was one of the animals on the list and I did get one on the first day of the hunt after taking 3 other animals. Long day! I took some of the gazelles and zebra, wildebeest, warthog along with the buff but my favorites after 5 safaris is the spiral horns. On the top of the someday list is probably bongo though I suspect I wont ever be able to justify the costs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SibylLasse

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,