What happens if PH disappears after the hunt?

enysse

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
My taxidermy is sitting in Port Elizabeth. My taxidermist picked my animals up after the hunt, didn't get the hunting permit information, now the PH has disappeared. We have tried email and phone calls, nothing has been returned for the last 3 months. What should I do? Call SCI and try to get someone in the know to straighten the problem out. Cobus Roos did have a Ph license and the animals were taken legally. What are my options?

His email address is mhimbibs@telkomsa.net, Fax +27 86 519 3946, Mobile +27 83 243 0304, Mhimbi Safaris. He has guided for Louis Venter Safari and Adansonia Safaris. His address is 45 Perel Street, Rayton, Gauteng, Republic of South Africa, 1001.

Thanks for any help!

Contact PHASA, the Professional Hunters Association of South Africa, through their website at www.phasa.co.za, then ask the association to help straighten out your problem. The odds are very good that he is a member.

Bill Quimby

yes if phasa cant help, try and find a another outfitter in the area that might be abble to help you with the paperwork, try and contact the department that issued his permits

Enysse contact me when possible.
Johan Potgieter

enysse, Have you tried contacting some of the outfitters that he worked with or guided for? Perhaps they might know where he is or they may be able to track him down more easily.

My taxidermy is sitting in Port Elizabeth. My taxidermist picked my animals up after the hunt, didn't get the hunting permit information, now the PH has disappeared. We have tried email and phone calls, nothing has been returned for the last 3 months. What should I do? Call SCI and try to get someone in the know to straighten the problem out. Cobus Roos did have a Ph license and the animals were taken legally. What are my options?

His email address is mhimbibs@telkomsa.net, Fax +27 86 519 3946, Mobile +27 83 243 0304, Mhimbi Safaris. He has guided for Louis Venter Safari and Adansonia Safaris. His address is 45 Perel Street, Rayton, Gauteng, Republic of South Africa, 1001.

Thanks for any help!

Hi Enysse,

Sorry to hear about your problem. If I were you, I would try to make contact with the outfitter you booked with ( Louis Venter). It is his responsibility to make sure you get your trophy's. In witch area (Province) did you hunt these trophy's? Make contact with the nature conservation office in that province and they should be able to help you with your problem. If Cobus was licenced to hunt in that province he will be registered as a PH in that province with nature conservation.

I am sure you will get hold of somebody that will help you by doing this.

You can find the website for nature conservation on google. But if you can send the name of that province in private message I will have a look for you and see what I can do about this.

All the best!

Cobus Roos, was starting up as what people on here would call as a "freelance PH"...he knew a lot of outfitters, I knew some of them too. I told him what I was interested in hunting. He told me what he could get...for a certain price. You have to take a into account I wasn't on this website at the time.

I don't know what has happen. Considering the guy wrote an article in the "African Outfitter" Oct/Nov. 2008, page 26 "So you want to be a professional hunter?" You would think better things could have happen.

Thanks to some helpful help, I have located the outfitter. I don't want to say too much until the wheels get turning and he gets the paperwork trial going. Hopefully, I'll have some good news!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomasS111

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!