Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI & NRA & ATA
Hunted
South Africa,Namibia New Zealand, Canada, Mexico
What gun permits do I need for Namibia? Will the permit for South Africa get me in both places
Dan

No it won't. I just hunted in Namibia. I had to get separate permits for South Africa, Botswana and Namibia even though I was only passing through the other countries. My travel agency took care of the SA permit and the outfitter took care of the other two

Ok thanks I'm going in June so I have a lot of time to get it done

Every country has their own rules and regs. You touch down anywhere with a gun make sure you know the rules.

Namibia is the easiest firearms permit to get.
It's Free
One page.

Fill it out upon arrival in the airport or beforehand if you like.

Out within minutes.

good stuff to know, I will be going to namibia in June also i can't wait it will be my first trip to africa and i am trying to get all the t's crossed and I's dotted

Thanks so South Africa is the one that has to be done ahead of time I have done that one befor.

Thanks so South Africa is the one that has to be done ahead of time I have done that one befor.
No.
Sorry for intimating that.

You can fill it out yourself beforehand. Show up and process it at the airport.
It's free.
It is just a longer form.

RSA also has a transit form vs the import form.
(Lots of threads on the subject and also specific country information in "Hunting Information"

Also, with the number of hunters who might show up at the same time. There can be delays.

Lots of folks part with the money and use a service.

I am too stubborn and do it myself.

As has been said, lots of info if you dig on this sight. Suffice it to say the SA permit can be filled out before you get there but don't sign it until you are in front of the inspector and only use black ink. All of the pages are not filled in. Directions are here on the sight. Namibia is easy when you show up at the airport. They have it and help you out. No issues at all just don't lose it. if you hit a road block they will ask you for it and check S/Ns.

Hi Dlzbrg & others: The Namibia permit is very easy to obtain on arrival (one page). Here is the link to the firearm page on my website which has forms and instructions for obtaining permits in Namibia, South Africa, etc. International Africa Hunting Trips

Hope this helps :)

Thanks everyone for the info it pay to know as much as possible
Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imogen6571

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois