What Documents Should I Not Leave Camp Without?

huntermn15

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, SCI, AK SCI
Hunted
U.S.A. NJ, TX, AZ, AK. Limpopo and the Kalihari in South Africa. Eastern Cape RSA 2017.
Good day,

Are there documents that you should not leave camp without? I'm assuming that there will documents that are required for trophy import, export, etc... Any information on what I should ask for or should not leave without, would be greatly appreciated. Forgive me if this has been posted somewhere else, but I haven't been able to locate it.

Regards,

Mike

Mike,
You should never leave camp without a copy of your hunting license ( PH register) and your invoice.
All the other paper work will come with your trophies.

While traveling in different countries, your letter of invite and your rifle permit is usually handy if you encounter a road block checking for papers. Some times your game scout will go over this with your PH.

I always put mine in the pouch in my soft case, so it is handy.

You will not need the letter of invite or a rifle permit if you hire (rent) a rifle from your outfitter/PH.

If you are talking about departure when your trip is over, Rob covered it.
If you are touring the country after the Safari and have your firearms, obviously you had better be in possession of your firearms permit.

Mike,
You should never leave camp without a copy of your hunting license ( PH register) and your invoice.
All the other paper work will come with your trophies.

Robert,

Thank you for the reply. That's what I though, but I don't want any problems before, during or after my first trip over.

Regards,
Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
While traveling in different countries, your letter of invite and your rifle permit is usually handy if you encounter a road block checking for papers. Some times your game scout will go over this with your PH.

I always put mine in the pouch in my soft case, so it is handy.

James,

Thank yo for the additional information!

Regards,

Mike

You will not need the letter of invite or a rifle permit if you hire (rent) a rifle from your outfitter/PH.
Scott,

Thank you for the information, this trip I will be bringing a rifle. But that is information I certainly may need in the future.

Regards,

Mike

If you are talking about departure when your trip is over, Rob covered it.
If you are touring the country after the Safari and have your firearms, obviously you had better be in possession of your firearms permit.
Brickburn,

Thank you for the reply. I was talking about departure, sorry I didn't make that clear. Thanks again.

Cheers,

Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross