What do you expect from a website?

Discussion in 'Hunting Conventions, Shows & Events' started by ruppell, Feb 22, 2011.

1. ruppell

ruppell AH Member

Member of:
    Napha
    Please help on this one guys.
    When you as a hunter get to the website of a hunting outfitter, especially an African one (of course!)... What do you expect from the website? What would you like to know and see? I will appreciate any contributions.
  2. Bushbuck

Bushbuck AH Enthusiast

The link that you provided as was discussed on another thread does not work well, But I also found this one, Farm Ruppel

is this also Your site?
  3. enysse

enysse AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
    I would like to see a pricelist, any fees associated with hunting with your company. Pictures of lodging and terrain in the area. The professional team of PH's and trackers and cooks. Some of the representative animals taken by former clients. References of former and current clients.
  4. ruppell

ruppell AH Member

Member of:
    Napha
    Thanks guys, already help a lot.

Bushbuck >>> Yes, that is also our site. It is a bit out-dated and someone else is currently working on it as well.
  5. Bushbuck

Bushbuck AH Enthusiast

If that is your site, then I would just do everything that enysse said and since Craig Boddington is a reference on your place, I would put that endorsement front page!
  6. TOM

TOM AH Elite

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI,DSC, QDMA, QU
    Hunted:
    Africa...are there other continents to hunt?
    Simple, simple and simple. Easy to use. Easy to access. Price list easy to find and current. Pictures of lodge for the wife. Pictures of terrain for me. Packing list and rifle clearance forms for first timers. Just keep it simple and easy to use. Too many outfitters over think it and end up with a neat looking, but very confusing website.
  7. 35bore

35bore AH Elite

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NRA,Missouri hunters ed, SCI, Owensville Gun Club, Quail Forever
    Hunted:
    USA, South Africa, France
    I have to really agree with Bushbuck and enysse here, make the site user freindly, i.e. easy to go photo gallery to pricelist etc. Bushbuck hit the nail on the head, if Craig Boddington has been a client of yours, you would be nuts for that picture not to be on your front page, he is probably the most respected of the modern day African hunters. My 2 cents, Scott.
  8. ruppell

ruppell AH Member

Member of:
    Napha
    Website progress.

I've finished, say a third of my website. Still need to do a lot of work.

Home part finished. Hunting part some work done, rules and regulations, essential information, huntable species finished. Working on packing list. Rest nothing done. So, a lot of 404 errors will occur.

Hope this one works!

Ideas/criticism welcome.
  9. ndbwhnter

ndbwhnter AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NRA, SCI
    Hunted:
    USA, South Africa
    Agree with everyone above - price list, lots of pictures of accommodations AND the terrain, pictures of blinds (hides) for bowhunters if applicable, references and trophy pics of past/current clients.

Packing list and hunting equipment recommendations are also another good idea. I also found it very beneficial for a description of a "typical" day while in camp.

nd
  10. Baobab

Baobab AH Veteran

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NAPHA
    Information on web pages

We need help please.
    Coul you tell me what do you concider the best African Outfitter web page?
    What is the most important information on the web page
    What keeps you on a web page

What is a NO NO!!

We like as much information as possible.

It is for a college project.

Kind regards

Margie
  11. enysse

enysse AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
    Margie, I like that you contribute: so here is my advise. You have to change your webpage, have a single page for animal trophy fees, maybe make some package hunts with discounts. I don't know how much work it is...I'm guessing a lot, but a video of your property with animals can help. I know you have had German hunters film their hunts. Anything helps!

Jerome's link above is a really good outfitter webpage.
  12. Bobpuckett

Bobpuckett GOLD SUPPORTER AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters
    Hunted:
    USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada
    Hi Margie one thing that is a BIG NO NO with me is to state that you charge higher prices for inches. there was an outfitter here that stated that they hunted a property that hasn't been hunted in years and they have Kudu over 60" therefore they charge more for the larger Kudu sounds to me that they have more kudu then the grass can handle or they just returned from auction and pay a lot for a big Kudu and want there money back.

A big plus is outfitters that have prices listed for the animals that THEY have not animals on other farms I'm booking a hunt with them not with other farms if we hunt other farm thats fine but one set price. Just my 2 cents Bob
  13. Heym 88

Heym 88 GOLD SUPPORTER AH Enthusiast

Member of:
    DSC
    Hunted:
    US
    Price list. I get tired of going to sites that have no price list. I don't want to " call " to find out.