Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
SCI NRA QDMA NWTF TU DU
Hunted
Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, South Africa, USA, South, Central America & New Zealand
It was a real pleasure for me getting to visit with a couple of Limcroma's senior PHs during their stop in South Florida. I have been so well taken care of by Gilliam and Jan over the years at camp, it was nice to repay some of that hospitality. Both of these guys are true gentlemen, excellent hunters and pretty decent fisherman as well. Jan and Gilliam are staying with the Eckers Family who are good clients and now part of the extended Limcroma family. Ashley and her family had a great first family safari with Limcroma in 2014. It was great to meet her in person and I was glad that she could get in on the fishing trip as well. One of the best benefits of experiencing an African safari are the new friends that you will make along the way.

Sea conditions and the fishing were tough, but we made the best of it, and did manage to fill the box with some nice school size mahi which we will turn into fresh fish tacos tonight! We even managed to mix it up with a few snook at the inlet on the way in.

IMG_1113.JPG
IMG_1125.JPG
IMG_1127.JPG
IMG_1130.JPG
IMG_1111.JPG

Yes it is always great when we can return Hospitality .
It has been a blowing year on the east coast, glad you got off shore to have some fun. Forrest

One of these days I'm going to book a snook trip. I've always wanted to catch some. Looks like a lot of fun

Man..... What a $hitty life.

Snook are by far, my favorite fish.... Here's a couple of bigger females that are typical during the summer spawning months. From June-August you can catch a dozen of these a day. Most of the snook we are catching now are schooling size fish in the 5-10lb. range.

I don't do it for a living anymore, but I would be happy to invite any AH.com member out for a trip if you are ever down my way in South Florida. I also have several light tackle guide friends that I can recommend if you want to put a serious trip together. It's possible to put together a combination trip to fish offshore for sailfish, mahi, tunas, etc.., for part of the day and then come inshore to target snook, tarpon, and sharks in the inlets on the right tides.
IMG_0297.JPG
beach snook 004.jpg

Snook are by far, my favorite fish.... Here's a couple of bigger females that are typical during the summer spawning months. From June-August you can catch a dozen of these a day. Most of the snook we are catching now are schooling size fish in the 5-10lb. range.

I don't do it for a living anymore, but I would be happy to invite any AH.com member out for a trip if you are ever down my way in South Florida. I also have several light tackle guide friends that I can recommend if you want to put a serious trip together. It's possible to put together a combination trip to fish offshore for sailfish, mahi, tunas, etc.., for part of the day and then come inshore to target snook, tarpon, and sharks in the inlets on the right tides.
View attachment 56187 View attachment 56188
Careful what you offer brother, I may just take you upon it. ;)

View attachment 56187 View attachment 56188
I may have to take you up on that when I'm down that way. I travel to Orlando for work every year in July. Well, except when I have to go to Vegas, which is also fun.

I'm surprised you aren't big into the Tarpon run in May and June. I hear from some of my friends there that catching them on a fly with a 10-12 weight fly rod is spectacular. Also, I love catching big reds at the mouth of the St. Johns River or sheepshead off Cape Canaveral. Saw good Tarpon and Spin sharks there but couldn't get any takers.

image (2).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Dry their feet... make babies.

They caught some great fish!

So snook is on my bucket list. Those snook look amazing, I might have to figure out a way to get down there. Truly jealous!:P Fisherman::P Fisherman::S Kneel:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andresonjames29

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.