What do I use to thwart Tsetse flies?

@CAustin , other good advice if you battling with the tsetse is to wear 2 pairs of jocks, it's no joke if they get you on the nuts, feels like you have been hit by a baseball bat. PS..If they do manage to get you on the nuts, you need to take both pairs off otherwise you have a problem with the swelling.
:eek::confused:

Long pants. Long sleeve shirts. Gloves. Head net. 55 gallon drum of deet.

My packing list is complete.

Tough guys drink a cup of deet a day for a week before they leave. It ensures you will never be bitten.

Last edited:
Tough guys drink a cup of deer a day for a week before they leave. It ensures you will never be bitten.
Only a cup and only a week... sheesh, ive been training way to hard for way to long... time to go hunting... tsetse's or not!!

@CAustin , other good advice if you battling with the tsetse is to wear 2 pairs of jocks, it's no joke if they get you on the nuts, feels like you have been hit by a baseball bat. PS..If they do manage to get you on the nuts, you need to take both pairs off otherwise you have a problem with the swelling.

yup! can give you a mate to contact for a reference who got stabbed by a tsetse in the nuts on a hunt i booked for him in tanzania....luckily he didnt hold me responsible but he was bitching for days.....think he was that worried he went to his doctor when he got home:E Rofl:

ok wayne....a cup of deer????? o_O

He said tough guys.... drinking deer pee not for everyone. Some would rather get bit on the nuts....

Tough guys drink a cup of deer a day for a week before they leave. It ensures you will never be bitten.
The big red "S" on my chest, has faded considerably over the years. If it means not getting harpooned in the nuggets by a fly, I will gladly belly up to the deet bar.

He said tough guys.... drinking deer pee not for everyone. Some would rather get bit on the nuts....

The hard part is getting it into the cup. Now if you are tough you just go up to the deer, throw him down onto the ground and go to sucking.

AAAAH Tsetse aren't really so bad….

tsetse.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KathrinMcG

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!