What Broadheads to use in Africa?

Colorado Bow Hunter

Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
I use a Hoyt Matrix at 60lbs maxed. I also shoot full metal jackets 340 11.4 grains. But I don't know if my 125 strikers are the right broad head? Any suggestions?

They will be fine,
I used my bow at 57 lbs. with 345 total wieght arrows. They were tipped with 100 grain montecs. I shot through impalla, and 2 warthogs. Drove them into the offside shoulder on my Kudu and zebra.

They are perfectly fine, just make sure that they are shaving sharp and that you mke perfectly sure of your shot placment. Study the shot placement guides on here to see exactly where to place your shot on the species your after.

All the best of luck on your hunt!

They will be fine, but I was shooting strikers in 09 and had 3 shafts break inside the insert for no apparent reason. I have sinced switched muzzy mx phantoms and like the penetration with cut on contact. Good Luck
Dustin

Hey I had good luck with my Hoyt Carbon Matrix shooting full metal jackets 400 with the G5 montec. Full pass through on warthog, impala,waterbcuk, kudu, blue wildebeest and eland. I feel that anything you had good luck with on elk do fine in my opinion, those are the only animals that I shot with my bow never had any problems. I didnt think that I would get through a eland or the blue wildebeest. Maybe I got lucky?

The strikers will be fine.
Most important is the shot placement.
I used Muzzy, Silverflame, G5 Tekan II mechanicals - all worked fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lepani

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!