AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
What areas have you hunted in Cameroon? What species did you take? How many days? If you have hunted in more than one area how did they compare? For those of you unfamiliar with Cameroon you can use these hunting maps as reference.

Cameroon Hunting Areas
hunting_cameroon.gif

Cameroon Major Cities
cameroon_hunting.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I have visited hunting camps in Cameroon, and I book hunts there. Cameroon is probably best for the more experienced and traveled African hunter seeking certain animals such as dwarf Red Buffalo, Lord Derby Eland and Bongo..It is very expensive and tough to hunt, but if your in top physical condition it has a high success rate..

Cameroon Hunting

Cameroon is a wonderful safari destination with 2 very different types of safaris available based on the area of Cameroon hunted:

Northern Savanna Hunting Block areas:
a hunt in the northern hunting blocks will be a more dry savanna hunt with species such as Lord Derby Giant Eland, Western Roan, Western Major Hartebeest, Central African Buffon Kob, West African Savanna Buffalo, Savanna Elephant, Lion, Hippo, Harnessed Bushbuck, Red-Flanked Duiker, Western Bush Duiker, Nigerian Bohor Reedbuck, Sing Sing Waterbuck, Korrigum, Oribi, Warthog

These safaris can be extremely hot and normally requires many miles of walking to get back into the remote areas especially if tracking the Giant Eland!

Southern Forest Hunt areas:
A hunt in the southern areas are more in the jungle forest and are for those that want to hunt the forest species such as Bongo, Forest Elephant, Dwarf Forest Buffalo, Western Sitatunga, Giant Forest Hog, Red River Hog, Yellow Backed Duiker, and many other forest duiker species.

This type of safari will be hot, wet, and hunting with pygmy trackers.

Whether you hunt the northern savanna or the southern jungle forest, you will be limited as to which species and the number of species based on the duration of the safari. This is also the case in many of the African countries and is not specific to Cameroon.

Cameroon is a great place for a safari and I plan to return again and do more hunting there!

watermark.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Cliff,
good to see you on here... Hope you are keeping well and covering the globe. Cheers,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123winmarketing

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross