What animals you guys add to your list of animals after hunting Africa

Discussion in 'Hunting Africa' started by billc, Aug 27, 2011.

1. Norwegianwoods

Norwegianwoods SILVER SUPPORTER AH Elite

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    Norway, Sweden, England, South Africa
    I still have many animals I want from my first list, but after my hunting last year, some animals got added to it.
    Last year I thought that an Impala would be nice to shoot and I would not shoot anymore of them after my first.
    This changed, and the Impala is still on my list even after shooting one I am happy about.

But the animals that I didn't have on my list before is Giraffe(with bow only), Zebra(with bow only) and then it is the tiny antelopes.
    I passed on a good Duiker last year with my gun and I decided not to shoot a very nice Steenbok while stalking with my bow. I feel totally fine with passing the Duiker, but I really regret that I didn't shoot the Steenbok.

2. bcarper

bcarper AH Veteran

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI,NAHC,
    Hunted:
    USA, South Africa
    On my list for next time will be another Limpopo bushbuck, eland, red hartebeast, another Zebra, and for sure a Nyala.Always room for another wart hog also.

3. Calhoun

Calhoun AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI N.E. Wisconsin Chapter - WisNRA
    I passed on a waterbuck my first Safari - then I missed my only animal in africa - a Waterbuck on the 2nd safari. Waterbuck, Nyala, Bushbuck, the Reedbucks,and a Vahl Rhebuck. those are trophies I would like to get that i didn't consider on other safari's.

4. Diamondhitch

Diamondhitch AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI
    Hunted:
    Canada (AB, SK, NWT, BC) USA (NM, TX) South Africa (Limpopo, KZN, Free State, Eastern Cape, Northen Cape), Kyrgyzstan, Czech Republic
    The one common thing with those I have spoken with and mirrored here is that if you see a really good specimen of an animal that you didnt have on your list, take him ($$$ considered of course).

Many a hunter has told of the trophy he let walk only to regret it later. Few, if any, regret taking the shot.

5. joester

joester AH Veteran

Member of:
    No. Amer. Moose Foundation, Mule Deer Found; RMEF (life Member), SCI, NRA, RGS, NWTF, PF, DU, Izaac Walton League, Nat'l. Trappers Assoc.
    Hunted:
    US / Canada/Namibia/Moz/Zim
    My first trip to Namibia I had no intention of shooting the "striped pony", but once I saw how elusive & regal they were, I shot one. The cool rugs w/the faces still on helped! Next- - hyena.