What 375 H & H rifle would you Purchase and Why

Discussion in '.375 & Up' started by James.Grage, Apr 13, 2011.

1. B9.3

B9.3 AH Veteran

Update here... I just needed another 375 H&H in my safe. This one is a Mark X. I will probably put it in a B&C Medalist stock & put a Zeiss Conquest on it. Or I might use my Exhibition Grade Walnut blank & really make a project out of it. Either way, hell it's a 375 H&H. Bloody Hell, Monish might have been right after all..

2. eaglesnester

eaglesnester New Member

I own a CZ550 in 375H&H. She is a sub MOA shooter out of the box ,hits like the hammer of thor, holds 5 rounds, two stage trigger, controled round feed 2 way safety, managable recoil, what's not to like?

3. BigBore

BigBore AH Member

Member of:
    SCI
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, New Zealand, Argentina, Germany, Alaska and most of the USA
    Can't go wrong with the CZ 550. It's not the fanciest gun and that's a plus to me because mine tend to get knocked around a bit. But this is a solid performer. I had shot a dozen big game animals in Africa with a Browning Medalion 375 H&H. Then stepped up to a Weatherby 460 on another trip to Africa then I bought my first CZ 550 in Rigby 416 as a dedicated buffalo gun. I like it so much I sold the Browning and replace that with a CZ 550 for my 375 H&H gun. I like the 5 round capcity the low recoil of this masive gun, the ruggedness and of course the accuracy. I'm buying a 3rd CZ 550 in 500 Jeffery just becuase I love these guns and big bore guns.

4. kingcorona

kingcorona AH Member

CZ's are still the best value for ANY caliber...plenty of entry level guns out there for a bit less...but what will they be worth/look like in 10 to 15 years.................Had a chance to hold a CZ "effect".......very nice...........wish they would make a 527 FS in 17 Hornet.........would make that #16 in my CZ/BRNO collection..................good luck with that new 550 in 375..........if there ever was a "world" gun CZ is it

5. eaglesnester

eaglesnester New Member

No you can't go wrong with a CZ550 the performance is awsome. I use Barnes 250Gr TTSX with 79.5Gr of RE-15 and I chroned that round at 3030FPS at the Range. I shot at a steel gong at 100 meters off hand that was 7"X11"that was 1/2"thick and the bullet went through and through leaving a huge hole. Ya gotta like that. As a sideline. That even seems to out perform the 340 Weatherby published data for Barns 250gr TSX. I will never ever feel underguned anywhere in North America and I know I can shoot it and hit what I shot at.

6. PHOENIX PHIL

PHOENIX PHIL AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI
    Hunted:
    USA, S. Africa
    Giving thought to trying to develop a load for that bullet in my M70. What are you setting the COAL at if you don't mind my asking?

7. kingcorona

kingcorona AH Member

Don't handload.........I have picked up a minimum of 20 boxes of ammo for each of me babies once I knew what they liked.......before ammo went CRAZY.....................also bought the loading dies for each caliber....just in case..................kinda expensive to get started HL'ing now when I bought my super premium ammo for 15 to 25 bucks a box...................I remember when Dicks was clearing out their ammo that did not move I rec'd a call from the manager since he knew I was a serious shooter and I scored at least 40 boxes of 340wby/338-378/7mmwby/338wm/7mm STW for $10/box.......why handload.....for me that is.........worth at least 2K conservatively