Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
PHASA, SCI, DSC, NRMEF, NWTF, DU, QDMA
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Botswana.
I just got back from our annual western Fly fishing trip with the boys from work. This year it was western Montana.... We fished 5 rivers in 6 days, and could not have hit the weather, water levels, or the fishing any better! The fish were hungry and most of the action was on the dry fly. I have so many great pics that I can't post them all..... Here are just a few of the highlights.
IMG_0594.JPG
IMG_0597.JPG
IMG_0602.JPG
IMG_0656.JPG
IMG_0636.JPG
IMG_0637.JPG
IMG_0564.JPG
IMG_0585.JPG
IMG_0553.JPG
IMG_0577.JPG

Nice trout and Sheep in the flats.
Nothing like a Bighorn with barbed wire in the picture. Much less climbing.

Yeah Brick,

Those sheep were in a cattle pasture in the Bitterroot Valley along Rock Creek.... Apparently a fairly common sight in the summer months according to our guide. We also saw elk, whitetails, mule deer, and golden & bald eagles every day in the river bottoms. The scenery is almost better than the fishing.....

Nice brownies!

Nice! I love going up there.... Fishing the Madison, Big Hole, Bighorn, Gallatin, etc.... Heading up to CO in a few weeks to fish the Big Thompson.

Browns and Bows and Rams to go ...... I'm a poet and didn't even know it ? .... LOL ! Looks like a great trip to put on a wish list !
Glen

Great stuff - lovely photos.

Cheers,
JWB300

Here's a couple more from my phone...
We usually do a guided float trip for 3 or 4 of the days and do a couple of DIY days walking and wading. I have been fishing with the same guide and outfit for a few years out there. They are excellent...! Anyone interested in a fly fishing trip to western Montana should look up Joe Cummings at the Missoula River Lodge.
IMG_0550.JPG
IMG_0558.JPG
IMG_0648.JPG

Anyone who does not fly fish is guilty of a wasted life.

A bad day of fly fishing ....is still way better then a good day at work !
Glen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Walkerph

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you