Weatherby Vanguard Synthetic .338WM?

kristian55

AH senior member
Reaction score
Member of
crossbownation
Who can give recommendations in relation to a rifle Weatherby Vanguard Synthetic in the caliber of .338WM?
Thank you for an answer .

A bit more information on exactly what you want to know would be more helpful.

The cartridge needs no explanation...........an excellent round.

As for the synthetic Vanguards, I have shot a few and the ones I have had experience with shot very well and I did not experience any problems with them mechanically. The largest cartridge I have shot in that model was the 300 Weatherby. Balance was decent. Not a bad rifle for the price..................but having said that it would not be what I would buy as a rifle I planned to keep for many years for my own personal use. Just does not have the 'feel' I like.

It would be something I would keep for a camp rifle incase someone had a problem and needed to borrow one.

A bit more information on exactly what you want to know would be more helpful.

The cartridge needs no explanation...........an excellent round.

As for the synthetic Vanguards, I have shot a few and the ones I have had experience with shot very well and I did not experience any problems with them mechanically. The largest cartridge I have shot in that model was the 300 Weatherby. Balance was decent. Not a bad rifle for the price..................but having said that it would not be what I would buy as a rifle I planned to keep for many years for my own personal use. Just does not have the 'feel' I like.

It would be something I would keep for a camp rifle incase someone had a problem and needed to borrow one.

I am interested by recommendations about a model Weatherby Vanguard Synthetic .338WM.
With the cartridge of caliber of .338WM - clearly, that enough he is intended for hunt СХР2,СХР3.
Whether he is suitable for СХР4 ?Maximal distance of firing?
Quality of making of rifle and barrel, are there what problems and censures during exploitation?
Possibility of the use for СХР1-for example as in a caliber 30-06?
What optics holds this caliber of .338WM - as it applies to this model Weatherby Vanguard Synthetic?
In a word is maximal information content.
Thank you for an answer.

I look at the 338 Win as a 300 yards gun. I have one with a 3.5-10X 50mm in a Leupold VIII. I like the 200 grains to 250 grain bullets choose. I use the Swift A bullets. It's a great gun...mine is Remington 700 BDL. You could use Barnes triple sock, Hornandy Interbond bullets, etc. The gun is capable of more but you have to have the right scope and shooting skills to go out past 300 yards.

The 338 Win is a great big game rifle.

I look at the 338 Win as a 300 yards gun. I have one with a 3.5-10X 50mm in a Leupold VIII. I like the 200 grains to 250 grain bullets choose. I use the Swift A bullets. It's a great gun...mine is Remington 700 BDL. You could use Barnes triple sock, Hornandy Interbond bullets, etc. The gun is capable of more but you have to have the right scope and shooting skills to go out past 300 yards.

The 338 Win is a great big game rifle.
Thank you for Your answer.

Enysse this one is all yours. ;)

kristian..............Enysse knows what he is talking about on this and summed it up well. I have used the .338 WM for decades and shot hundreds of animals with it..........from pronghorn to moose, grizzly, kudu and gemsbuck. It is an excellent cartridge.

Your questions are quite broad and would require a small book in response.:D
I think my last post addressed my thoughts on the rifle itself. The cartridge is a good one...............as to the CXP 1 to 4........well I do not shoot Winchester factory ammo, I handload. So if that is your plan, then I think you should go to the Winchester website and look up the offerings and see what they have to say.

What you pick will depend on what you are planning to do with it.

Cheers!

Enysse this one is all yours. ;)

kristian..............Enysse knows what he is talking about on this and summed it up well. I have used the .338 WM for decades and shot hundreds of animals with it..........from pronghorn to moose, grizzly, kudu and gemsbuck. It is an excellent cartridge.

Your questions are quite broad and would require a small book in response.:D
I think my last post addressed my thoughts on the rifle itself. The cartridge is a good one...............as to the CXP 1 to 4........well I do not shoot Winchester factory ammo, I handload. So if that is your plan, then I think you should go to the Winchester website and look up the offerings and see what they have to say.

What you pick will depend on what you are planning to do with it.

Cheers!
I value every idea, every word and utterance which is related to experience. Many thanks all.
A decision is eventual to accept to me.

I believe that it is a duo - rifle and cartridge with that they are not going to be disappointed you. I have a Remington 700 in the cartridge 338 Winchester Magnum, and although I have not had the fortune of knocking down any animal, the cartridge seems very balanced to me, small a regression and an acceptable trajectory. I think that you are not wrong.

Luck,

Oscar.

Have to agree with enysse, I have owned 3 rifle in 338 win ,ALL REMINGTON 700's, and 6 of the Weatheby van's, as previously stated the 338 does not need to be defended or praised, it stands on it's own as far as lethality goes. The van is a very sound rifle and i have never owned one in 338, but, have in 270 win, 30-06 and in 300 win, all were MOA rifles with the right ammo (I don't reload, reference is to factory ammo) and had good balance. Optics, I love the leupold and burris optics, your variable range is up to you, I like the tried and true, Leupold VX-III 3.5x10x40 and the Burris 3x9x40. You can't go wrong with the set up, (excluding operator error) LOL, Scott

I cannot comment on the 338WM cartridge, but I can concur with most posted comments on the WBY VGRD Synthetic package as i own a .270 and a 30.06 in this range. I have both rifles now for close to 6 years and every year I hunt with both rifles animals such as Warthog, Springbuck, Blesbuck, Impala, Zebra, Wildebeest, Oryx, Kudu and Eland. I am more than happy with the service they gave me the past few years, and unlike one comment posted here somewhere, i myself will NOT keep it as a camp rifle to borrow to someone else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LauriMolon

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!