Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NWTF, NRA
I because of a comment i read about only hunting species indigenous to the area, i started doing some reading. Most info states that a waterbuck is not really tied to the water.
I know most RSA ranches have them on them. Would they originally be out in the bush velde? Or more along the water ways?

Waterbuck are very water dependant and have to drink water every day. Combined with feeding habits and the trait to run into water if chased by predators like lion and wild dogs it is easy to understand where the name comes from.

However Waterbuck thrives in most areas as long as there is sufficient grazing and water but normally you will find them along riverbanks and places where water stand. They are very tough animals and can take quite a lot of punishment so shot placement is very important.

Waterbuck seem to be linked quite heavily to water. Although I failed on my 2 safari's to get one, most of them I saw were along the Limpopo river area, down in the river bottoms. We did hunt one huge ranch outside the Ellis Ras area where waterbuck was very prevalent , but I saw very little water there! It's not saying at certain times of the year that there may, as my safari's were the first 10 days of March!!

This is kinda of what i thought.
Waterbuck is not on the top of my list. I think i will focus on my primary animals, then if time allows hunt waterbuck and bushbuck on the other property that borders the river.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaI60135

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!