Cossack

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA
Hunted
USA, Zimbabwe
Why are civet cats not included amongst the dangerous game of legend? This is surely man-eater material!

doug_civet.jpg

Muchinga Adventures LTD, Hunting, Fishing & Photographic Safaris in Zambia with John du Plooy

i always get a little kick out of trophy photos with the hunter strategically posed behind his animal to exaggerate its size, but this might take the cake. :)

All in good fun - no offense meant to the hunter or Muchinga!

Attachments

• civet.jpg
    civet.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 227
Cossack,

Huge Civet you got there , and certainly they are man eaters , the India civet is called KABARBIJJU which means robbers of the graves, they at times tend to eat human flesh by burrowing into the shallow graves & devour the remains...

The Large Indian Civet (Viverra zibetha linn) It is a sturdily built animal with long head, long flattened body, stumpy legs & small rounded feet. An adult Civet measures nearly 4 ft. in length. The general colour is dark hoary grey, frequently washed yellowish or brown. It has vertical crest of long deep black hairs that runs down to the middle of the back. It has a thick tapering tail which is half as long as the size of the body. Its tail is completely ringed with 6 broad black bands. This is a solitary animal. During daytime, it takes shelter in bushes, thick grass or heavy scrub jungle & hunts in the night. Its diet include small animals, birds, snakes, frogs, fishes, crabs, Insects. It is not exclusively carnivorous and equally feeds on fruits & roots.

These large civets are found from Northern India to China through Burma.

Monish

Attachments

• Civet.jpg
    Civet.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 235
  • civet 2.jpg
    civet 2.jpg
    668 KB · Views: 948
that is big and should be among the lines of cheetah and leopards
All the best
Ibie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SheliaBelc

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross