Warthog Pictures

Discussion in 'Hunting Pictures' started by observe, Apr 12, 2013.

1. observe

observe CONTRIBUTOR AH Fanatic

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SAHGCA [Skilled Hunter qualified-Cum Laude], Handgun Hunters Assosiation of SA, Bowhunting, SAGA, Provincial Heavy caliber target shooting teams, Bisley qualified, Army sharpshooter rifle & pistol qualified, ...
    Hunted:
    R.S.A,Namibia,Venda
    this thread is for all those who as youngsters 'cut their teeth' on this most ugly,popular and sought after 'tusker' for youngsters and hunters of all ages and countries all over the world alike...:bighello:

The next generation of warthog hunters before and after his very first successful hunt. Only got it at dusk after a lot of hot and tiring walking and stalking-it took nearly the whole day. I'm proud of you young man! Remember the ethical hunting lessons learned . Limpopo RSA

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A picture is worth a thousand words. This is how Boer farmers sons of South Africa were raised and this is a good reason why they are not leaving their country despite all today's hardship

[​IMG]

a youngster in the usa showing how it is done

[​IMG]

youngsters i've taught in a school in rsa-- apart from a practical biology lesson on the spot after school ,they also were taught about conservation, outdoor hunting ethics and why poaching is bad......a lot of youngsters saw the light then,and i firmly believe that it formed [and changed] their perspective of hunting and the outdoors for the better. :thumb:

Attached Files:

2. Nyati

Nyati AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    RFEC, RFETO
    Hunted:
    Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West ), Spain
    Great post :beer:

3. observe

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SAHGCA [Skilled Hunter qualified-Cum Laude], Handgun Hunters Assosiation of SA, Bowhunting, SAGA, Provincial Heavy caliber target shooting teams, Bisley qualified, Army sharpshooter rifle & pistol qualified, ...
    Hunted:
    R.S.A,Namibia,Venda
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. observe

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Hunted:
    R.S.A,Namibia,Venda
    sometimes they are at the bottom of the food chain..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. bluey

bluey GOLD SUPPORTER AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    ssaa, aba ,bairnsdale field archers
    Hunted:
    australia south africa (limpopo, north west,eastcape) canada (b.c)
    that road that the crocadile is crossing has to be the best road in all of africa
    that lion looks immortal taking down that swine

6. messmate

messmate AH Veteran

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Sporting Shooters Association Australia. Australian Deer Association
    Hunted:
    Australia, New Zealand, South Africa
    Terrific photos. The young fella astride the wartie in the vehicle looks proud as punch...great pic....and that rifle looks like an early Sako...L46.
    Just asking as I have one manufactured in 1949...getting rare in Australia now.
    Cheers

7. observe

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Hunted:
    R.S.A,Namibia,Venda
    bush pig no 4 rw

Rowland Ward se nuwe no.4 Bosvark Geskiet Vrydag 10 Augustus 2012 op Roedtan by 'n beesplaas deur Bertus Pretorius. Die Bosvarksog meet 10 2.8 wat dit 4de grootste maak ter wereld

[​IMG]

8. observe

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Hunted:
    R.S.A,Namibia,Venda
    warthog paintings

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

9. observe

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Hunted:
    R.S.A,Namibia,Venda
    they are also known to attack and to fight back against their predators....

hyena

[​IMG]

cheetah
    [​IMG]

leopard

[​IMG]

lion

[​IMG]

and sometimes also against all odds to be victorious!

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

10. TimSharpe

TimSharpe AH Member

Nice thread!! Gotta love warthogs!!
    Will try to find some of the nicer ones ive taken and post em.

11. observe

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Hunted:
    R.S.A,Namibia,Venda
    Tim,that would be nice!
    it's also not uncommon for a hog to attack a hunter...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[i could be mistaken,but there is something in this photo above that makes me wonder....??]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

12. observe

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Hunted:
    R.S.A,Namibia,Venda
    some more [wart]hog 'art'.....;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

13. observe

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Hunted:
    R.S.A,Namibia,Venda
    but then again ,no respectable warty can live without a nice sloppery mud-bath....lol:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

14. observe

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Hunted:
    R.S.A,Namibia,Venda
    some beautiful warthog tusk knife handles

spike ,this first one is for you....

[​IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

IMG_0465-250x187 - Copy.jpg imagesCAG6L8DB - Copy.jpg imagesCAAONV39 - Copy.jpg imagesCA4ET9OH - Copy.jpg 10833AuWn - Copy.jpg io7tb - Copy.jpg imagesCAJ72112 - Copy.jpg imagesCAESWK07 - Copy.jpg imagesCA5KH6KI - Copy.jpg bernard2 - Copy.jpg 2503-1 - Copy.jpg imagesCATJUQ2Q - Copy.jpg imagesCAFTXJNG - Copy.jpg imagesCA6W5Z57 - Copy.jpg imagesCA4AQFLN - Copy.jpg 8748 - Copy.jpg

Attached Files:

15. spike.t

spike.t GOLD SUPPORTER AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    sci int, basc
    Hunted:
    zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe, hungary, france, england
    wow! where did you find that knife? i love damascus steel blades..might try and get a better photo of my one thats on the edc thread and put it on.

16. Diamondhitch

Diamondhitch AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI
    Hunted:
    Canada (AB, SK, NWT, BC) USA (NM, TX) South Africa (Limpopo, KZN, Free State, Eastern Cape, Northen Cape), Kyrgyzstan, Czech Republic
    Looks like that crocs tail was also on the bottom of the food chain. LOL

17. Diamondhitch

Diamondhitch AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI
    Hunted:
    Canada (AB, SK, NWT, BC) USA (NM, TX) South Africa (Limpopo, KZN, Free State, Eastern Cape, Northen Cape), Kyrgyzstan, Czech Republic
    I was actually considering redoing the scales on this damasteel knife with Warthog ivory (along with Hippo and a few other materials). And a nickel silver bolster to match.
    The blade is beautifully built but the bolster and scales look like his kids made them. Not sure what happened there but I assume the phone call after waiting 2 years for it that he had raised his price (double) and my subsequent insistence that he stick with the originally commissioned price had a lot to do with it.

Attached Files:

18. spike.t

My Photos:
    Member of:
    sci int, basc
    Hunted:
    Diamondhitch can you try loading the photo again as its not coming up, and you have piqued my interest in the blade :)

19. spike.t

My Photos:
    Member of:
    sci int, basc
    Hunted:
    nice piece of damascus steel, and i see what you mean about the rest...do look a bit like an after thought......

20. Diamondhitch

Diamondhitch AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI
    Hunted:
    I was quite disappointed when I saw it. His other knives were all done to top standards. The scales and bolster recessed slightly, but evenly around its circumference to show off the beauty of the damasteel then rising slightly vertically from the blade before being rounded out to shape as if no cut out had been left around the edge and scales flowed into the bolster almost seamlessly. Absolutely beautiful. Mine is a rough cut block with slightly rounded edges, hardly what was offered or commissioned.

As for the blade though I couldn't be happier it is an amazing edge that you just cant shake! a couple swipes across the crock sticks gets it back from - not quite shaving sharp - to dangerously sharp after skinning a Moose.