Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Swedish hunting association
Hunted
Sweden, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Tanzania, Mozambique, Spain, Austria, Germany and Canada
Dear fellow hunters.
To travel with Lufthansa to South Africa and Johannesburg will give you a bad surprise when you return.... Euro 120 in "Handling fee" for your rifle. No pre info or anything, just get this info when you check in...This ia only LH that has this "fee", non of the other airlines...

same thing happened to me, same airline.

I was aware of these fees for weapons and ammunition as they are posted on the Lufthansa website. They can assess the charges in each direction of travel but I had not heard of hunters having to pay. Thanks for posting!

Here is the language on the Lufthansa website:

Weapons used for sport or hunting must be declared and are then only charged for if they are transported in a separate weapons case. Small weapons, which are packed in checked baggage and which do not exceed the free baggage allowance, will not incur a charge.

Rates for sports bags under the ‘piece concept’ and ‘weight concept’ - Intercontinenta/lintercontinental via EU
Small - Up to 15 kg and/or 1.40 m
USD/ CAD $150

never heard that before?

Iberia, from Madrid to Johanesboug charges 75€ per rifle case (it doesn't matter how many rifles inside).

No possibility to say anything...just paying...like always with these dammed airlines.
Jose

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ekaterina Lobach North Fork Bullets

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!